Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: I have found some errors vdjstems file

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello, I have found some errors. (Google translator)
I reanalyzed a folder with 100 traks (batch precumpute stems) Some traks already had a .vdjstems file.
These traks were not viewed as analyzed in the VDJ browser and analyzed again. Then there were two files in the file system, a vdjstems and a vdjstem.tmp. that means the existing stems file was not renewed, instead a second file was created vdjstems.tmp. I added two pictures.
Now I have copied the whole order onto a USB stick and then opened it in VDJ on my MacBook. The traks with an additional vdjstems.tmp were not recognized and I could not use the stems, where there was only one vdjstems file, everything worked. Now I have deleted the vdjstems.tmp and opened the stick again on the MacBook. Despite the fact that only the vdjstems were now available, I could not use the stems function. In the settings I set at (precumputeStems = Only use precomputed). On the PC, everything also ran from the folder on the stick. Next try: Now I have opened the USB stick in another Windows computer with VDJ and everything went perfectly. Now I have deleted all vdjStems.tmp files from the stick and opened it again in the Windows computer. Everything went perfectly.

I have now done the same thing again on the MacBook.
Since exactly the same, already analyzed files are analyzed again in batch and a second vdjstems file is created again as vdjstems.tmp.
For me there is a clear bug here.

Now I have renamed the "old" vdjstems file to .bak and the new vdjstems.tmp to vdjstems without "tmp" and it runs.

Posted Mon 20 Jul 20 @ 10:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)