Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: after upgrade can my database be resstored

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

just upgraded to 2021 version. i just wanted to delete old version of 2018 . lost all data cache and settings and folders and tags..any help ? or is this a new begginng. the new version is amazing great job as usual. thanks VDJ staff. and community. big and small it takes everybody to make this great...

Posted Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 3:26 pm
No need to delete old version, the 2020 version is an upgrade, and updates the old version
(but if old version was 32-bit, you'll have both versions, and can opt to remove 2018)

But when you remove a version, it should ask if you want to remove everything or keep database etc.
If you opted to delete everything, see if you restore somehow. But not sure its going to be easy to do
Can always look in Trashbin, on the computer, but probably not there..

Posted Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 4:33 pm
nothing in the trash bin. i have done a backup on my hd. but still looking and no luck on the cache or data the install is there and some music is founded.but i am hope that some good will come out of this. i know this will be fun . but i know it will lead to improvement in my skill on pc. and me .. good will over come..in all we do. hopeful and positive .. still looking ..

Posted Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 5:07 pm
You can find all the missing data at:
C:\Users\<username>\Documents\VirtualDJ
Take a look to your backup if they are there...

Posted Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 8:57 pm
thanks i will do that any and all info is helpful .but i am begining to think it on the vdj severs since i deleted it. its my download cache folders tags etc . which i think that that information is kept on vdj severs..

Posted Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 9:11 pm
i have alot of music on my hard drive thats not showing up in my searches what are some steps i can do to fix this

Posted Sat 13 Mar 21 @ 9:10 pm
notm4gms wrote :
i have alot of music on my hard drive thats not showing up in my searches what are some steps i can do to fix this

VDJ doesn't search your drives for tracks - that would be way to slow, and the needed info isn't there
VDJ searches it's database
So locate the music, right click it, and select "add to database"
And probably also analyze it to get BPMs, keys, beat grids and so on

Posted Sun 14 Mar 21 @ 7:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)