Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Karaoke delay glitch in 2021

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Good day ...I have recently installed ver.5949 2021 and i am experiencing a delay and glitch while playing karaoke tracks.when i used ver 5949 2020, i DON'T experience the same issues.

Can anyone give me a solution for this problem?

thamk you

Posted Wed 01 Jul 20 @ 6:48 pm
Hmmm, I just tested a few songs and did not see a delay.

Posted Wed 01 Jul 20 @ 7:11 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
you may experience the same i was gotting ... 5FPS for skin 30FPS for video or 15FPS for both depending on build and GPU
latest early builds b5978 and b5980 fixed this (at least for me)
some new settings parameters may help : safeVideoDecode and useLowPowerGPU

Posted Thu 02 Jul 20 @ 12:59 pm
Nicotux wrote :
you may experience the same i was gotting ... 5FPS for skin 30FPS for video or 15FPS for both depending on build and GPU
latest early builds b5978 and b5980 fixed this (at least for me)
some new settings parameters may help : safeVideoDecode and useLowPowerGPU

safeVideoDecode will not help to make things faster. it's intended to make things a bit slower but more stable, in case your videocard has not a lot of memory and stability issues.

useLowPowerGPU on the other hand, will indeed make video decoding faster if you set it to NO (and if you have a laptop with dual video-cards), at the expense of making stem decoding a bit slower.

Posted Thu 02 Jul 20 @ 1:13 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
I agree it shouldn't but
...In fact it seems safeVideoDecode helps to make things faster with some drivers maybe a side effect of inhibiting some software emulated functionalities
and (with intel+nvidia combo) setting useLowPowerGPU make use of intel GPU whitch may be faster maybe due to the nvidia drivers
before these options exist, disabling "accelerated" decoding and/or disabling "fast" GPU was accelerating thing already
that's something like desactivate dxva or use default drivers making things faster

Posted Thu 02 Jul 20 @ 1:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)