Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual DJ 2021 keeps crashing - Page: 3
downgrade to build b6156 seems to be more stable no crash since 2 days of test

Posted Tue 05 Jan 21 @ 11:45 am
I have HP Spectre x 360 Convertible 15 in. with i7 processor, 16 gigs ram, 512 gb storage. I am on windows 10 version 20H2 updated 11/24/20. DDJ SB2. Presonus studio 26c for mic audio interface. With or without stems enabled VDJ crashing when broadcasting and when not broadcasting. Worse if I use Automix. If I am in Automix and I click on a song to add in or remove, or look at Automix editor, I crash. More specifically I freeze. get the box do you wanna wait. say yes. nothing happens. I have to do a force close to unfreeze (so I can continue broadcasting). Just confirming going to an earlier "build" is same as an earlier "version"? Doing either one means and uninstall, reinstalling the older build right? And music re-installation? And if I choose to do so, which build is recommended for not crashing? At one point I thought it was build 5504. Thanks

Posted Thu 21 Jan 21 @ 11:55 pm
Going to have to turn off auto update on VDJ it seems. Video mix crashes after first song.
1. Load 1st video track
2. Load 2nd video track
2. Choose transition
3. Choose MP4, press record
4. Crossfade to second track
5. VDJ shrinks itself showing the desktop for 2 seconds
then un shrinks itself again
6. Track has unloaded from deck.
7. Recording has stopped
8. Repeats the process
9. have not retried since Saturday night [02.13.21]

Using a 2018 MBP
2.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
6 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 555X 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB - Big Sur
(Oh so waiting for the M1x)

DDJ 400 / DDJ XP2

Summary:
BEFORE anyone points there finger at the OS, I use Serato, Traktor, and RB6.
I have always been in the Apple Beta program and have NEVER had a crash with new OSX updates period.
Clearly by this thread, its a VDJ update issue.

Question is,
Is there a fix??

Do I roll back
or is there an update forthcoming?

Posted Sun 14 Feb 21 @ 9:13 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
There is a crash logged, although it's not exactly clear why the crash happens, is it possible you have recordAutoSplit enabled, and if so, was this intentional?

Posted Mon 15 Feb 21 @ 7:09 am
Ah thanks for the reply. Not sure what that is but will check it out. did some testing yesterday, and plenty of crashes should also be logged now. Will report back ASAP

Posted Thu 18 Feb 21 @ 8:50 pm
Thank you!!!! that was exactly why it kept crashing. Auto split WAS enabled!

switched it off and test crossfade between 2 video tracks, with NO ISSUES!!!

So if anyone else is having this same issue, here is your solution! 1000 %

No need to roll back (as I was about to do)

Thanks to the Mod, for you response. VERY MUCH APPRECIATED

Posted Thu 18 Feb 21 @ 9:51 pm
ADION

Posted Thu 18 Feb 21 @ 9:52 pm
I had accidentally clicked "yes" on "you've been upgraded: use new version?" as I started up an older laptop.

Freaked out when VDJ2021 failed, as described above. Needed to switch to a tablet as I could not get it to work.

Googled, found this thread, uninstalled VDJ2021 and reverted back to older build 5874 with this link:

https://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html

All is well again, for now. Probably need to upgrade the laptop.

Holymoly Virtual DJ should not push their upgrades the way they do with the risk of shutting down like that. They should build in some sort of hardware requirements check.

Posted Sat 10 Apr 21 @ 3:21 pm
WHEN I GO LIVE ON FACEBOOK VIRTUAL DJ 2021 KEEPS ON FREEZING NEED HELP

Posted Wed 02 Jun 21 @ 3:51 pm
I have no idea why, but vdj64 is just well, not stable. Period. Yes there are those that can run it sure. Go 32 bit and guess what... no crashes..nada

Posted Wed 02 Jun 21 @ 9:30 pm
elfjrPRO InfinityMember since 2014
user12884176 wrote :
Hi I’m using and Acer Aspire 3 with Windows 10 and a pioneer DDJ SB3 controller . On Friday I updated to VDJ2021 and it keeps crashing and restating. I’m not online and not doing live broadcasts I am only mixing a few tracks . Today I had to restart my laptop because it kept crashing every minute or so . I have used VDJ for about 7 years now and never had any problems. Can you please help

I have been having the same issue for about 2 weeks. VDJ 2021 crashes and pops back up like I just turned it on. I've been using a Toshiba with a SSD and 16 GB of RAM. It would be nice to know what is causing this issue. Not cool to have this happening while I'm working in the clubs. I have run Virtual DJ side by side with Roxbox karaoke software for years with no issues until recently. Is there some issue with the recent updates?

Posted Fri 04 Jun 21 @ 1:42 pm
Having same problem, vdj2021 just randomly crashes and pops back like nothibg has happened, used 32bit and all is well, only down side theres no stems, happened in prev version of vdj2021 was hoping the update would fix but no joy, if i turn crash garde off it just closes vdj but no crash log

Win 10 64bit all updates done and all drivers are the latest

Samsung Nvme/ssd drives
Ryzen 5 3600x
16gb ddr4
Gtx 1650 4gb

Posted Sun 20 Jun 21 @ 1:44 am
user12884176 wrote :
Hi I’m using and Acer Aspire 3 with Windows 10 and a pioneer DDJ SB3 controller . On Friday I updated to VDJ2021 and it keeps crashing and restating. I’m not online and not doing live broadcasts I am only mixing a few tracks . Today I had to restart my laptop because it kept crashing every minute or so . I have used VDJ for about 7 years now and never had any problems. Can you please help

I have been off for a few months but recently start receiving gigs for work. I use a pioneer dj DDj-SR2 and an acer LapTop. I have done the full update on my computer and app I can’t get thru 30 minutes of regular mixing without getting shut down and resets out of nowhere. Long story short I have to cancel all events until virtual DJ Fits This app.

Posted Sat 11 Dec 21 @ 10:46 pm
or you could just run 32bit version and keep making money, but hey? who am I to point out your logic.

Posted Sun 12 Dec 21 @ 11:43 am
Why in-between music every thing just stops and no music is playing not even the play button is flashing green and I have a ddj sb3

Posted Sun 12 Jun 22 @ 6:50 am