Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Hearing my song I have in cue while on live stream when cue shouldn't be heard to the audience.
I have a Numark Mix Track Pro 3 and I had this problem for about 2 weeks now using VDJ.

When the mix is playing live on stream, the 1st track is playing and then when the 2nd track is selected (ie PFL) it can be heard in my live stream to the audience even with the deck fader down on the controller for that current song.

The recording comes out beautifully in Audio when I record in VDJ but you can hear me cuing the track in live stream.

Any idea as to why that is happening?

Thank you in advance.

Posted Sat 16 May 20 @ 12:02 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
picture of audio config helps

Posted Sat 16 May 20 @ 6:11 am
If you're using the default audio config for your controller (which should be auto detected) then you shouldn't have any issues.

If you've messed with it, or set it up yourself, then you've probably misconfigured it.

Read the VDJ setup guide for the MTP3 and follow the instructions.

Posted Sat 16 May 20 @ 6:29 am
locodog wrote :

Posted Wed 20 May 20 @ 12:09 am
locodog wrote :

Posted Wed 20 May 20 @ 12:10 am
Let me guess, you're streaming with a 3rd party app? what inputs is that sound mixer [of OBS or whatever] using?

Posted Wed 20 May 20 @ 5:07 am
What you need to do is to set your computer (or an external sound card) as the master and your mixer as your headphones - you should be able to cue up the next song without being heard over the air - set up like that, the listeners will hear only what you broadcast!

Remember to turn down the fader on the other deck that you are cueing up, otherwise it goes out anyway! Turn on PFL (pre-fade listen) on the mixer, so you and only you can hear it!

Posted Wed 20 May 20 @ 2:55 pm
locodog wrote :
Let me guess, you're streaming with a 3rd party app? what inputs is that sound mixer [of OBS or whatever] using?

Correct.

Posted Sat 23 May 20 @ 12:44 am
check obs sound panel then

Posted Sat 23 May 20 @ 12:49 am
locodog wrote :
check obs sound panel then

Will do!!

I will update if anything else is different~

Thank you so much~

Posted Sat 23 May 20 @ 1:28 am
arthurvasey wrote :
What you need to do is to set your computer (or an external sound card) as the master and your mixer as your headphones - you should be able to cue up the next song without being heard over the air - set up like that, the listeners will hear only what you broadcast!

Remember to turn down the fader on the other deck that you are cueing up, otherwise it goes out anyway! Turn on PFL (pre-fade listen) on the mixer, so you and only you can hear it!

I am actually still having problems even doing the instructions that you aforementioned.

I do apologize for this and attached is the settings of both VDJ and OBS as well as the previous settings in VDJ.

Posted Thu 28 May 20 @ 8:52 pm
Looks like the OBS setup is wrong.

I don’t use it so I’m not certain.

But in VDJ you’re outputting you’re headphones to the controller sound card. Then your using the controller sound card as your input to OBS.

You need OBS to be taking the input from you computer sound card.

Posted Thu 28 May 20 @ 8:58 pm
Your problem is OBS. You don't appear to have set up your audio input capture device. Set that up and select your audio card then disable your desktop audio. You don't need it.

Posted Thu 28 May 20 @ 9:01 pm
Cleveland Terry wrote :
Your problem is OBS. You don't appear to have set up your audio input capture device. Set that up and select your audio card then disable your desktop audio. You don't need it.

Thank you for your response first off.

Secondly, I am trying to enable the Audio Input Capture device but it only allows me to go to the Mic/input of the Realtek Audio.

Lastly the soundcard is internal of the Numark MTP3

Posted Thu 28 May 20 @ 9:32 pm
Dan (djtouchdan) wrote :
Looks like the OBS setup is wrong.

I don’t use it so I’m not certain.

But in VDJ you’re outputting you’re headphones to the controller sound card. Then your using the controller sound card as your input to OBS.

You need OBS to be taking the input from you computer sound card.

The only soundcard I have is the internal of the Numark MTP3.

Should there be a separate sound card?

Posted Thu 28 May 20 @ 9:35 pm
To be honest your set up is strange, however, if you say your set up is working fine using desktop audio than use that and turn off channels 3 and 4 in the advanced audio properties and see if you get rid of the cue audio.

Posted Thu 28 May 20 @ 9:43 pm
Cleveland Terry wrote :
To be honest your set up is strange, however, if you say your set up is working fine using desktop audio than use that and turn off channels 3 and 4 in the advanced audio properties and see if you get rid of the cue audio.

I sincerely apologize.

The setup was just for virtual dj, you would just plug in and play and the software would recognize channels 1&2 as the headphones and 3&4 as the mixer.

The audio I meant was if I did a internal recording for uploads or DJ Mixes for ie Soundcloud etc it would work fine with out hearing the cue in the recording. Live stream is a different beast.

Would you have any suggestions on what I could do or how you would of had your setup?

The gear I have is very strong MSI laptop, Numark MTP 3, monitors and head phones; that is it.

The soundcard is internal of the MTP 3.

I apologize for one, holding you up of your time and second if it seems like I am repeating myself through out my ignorance and wanted to be as detailed as possible so you know what I am juggling with.

Posted Thu 28 May 20 @ 9:54 pm
Advanced audio desktop figure out which of those 6 checkboxes you need unchecked

Posted Thu 28 May 20 @ 11:04 pm
Click on Apply at the bottom to make everything do its magic!

Posted Fri 29 May 20 @ 12:03 am
Hey... just last night I had this same problem lol!!! A whole 2 hour set of audience hearing my cueing hahaha... but yeah just fixed it... I use DJUCED tho... but I'm sure principles are the same... I had to connect an external sound card/mixer via USB cable to pc... even tho there are no speakers connected to the external sound card... then in your audio setting you need to SEND MASTER TO COMPUTER SPEAKERS and Select the external sound card/mixer... I hope this helps you

Posted Mon 30 May 22 @ 9:10 am