Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Argh. Help with disabling auto BPM,please?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm bad with names unless I see you every day.

I'm also bad with functions unless I use them every day.

I have combed over the options on VirtualDJ and even though I've made this correction at least 5 times over the last 10 years, I cannot figure out how to stop the program from changing the BPM of the next track to automatically match the previous track. I am now old and haven't worked a club or bar gig where beatmatching was critical in a lonnnng time. Yesterday, I played Stone In Love by Journey and it started at +7.4% Distracted, I didn't notice until some hamster started singing where Steve Perry should have sung. Feeling like an idiot, I said to my audience, "Oh, I thought you wanted to hear the Chipmunks' version... here's Journey's version, you purist snobs." Pitch/Tempo alterations occurred before I could catch and fix them more than 10 times last night.

I have made 15 changes on the "Options and Tweaks" menu to no avail. I venture to say I have probably made changes I shouldn't have made!

I am beginning this thread so I can always refer back to it in the coming years when I inevitably run into the same problem.

Thank you in advance.

Posted Thu 14 May 20 @ 4:18 pm
Hi ,asuming you made changes in the options and you`re using vdj2020, if you click on the little cog near the play buttons on the skin it give more options to switch auto sync and auto bpm on or off, hope that solves it for you otherwise can`t help any further than that

Posted Thu 14 May 20 @ 4:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)