Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Please help. USB mixer settings

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a Behringer QX1002USB mixer and can't get VDJ to record the music. It's records my voice but not any tracks that are playing on the deck.

I have a condenser mic plugged into the mixer and then USB to my laptop.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Posted Wed 13 May 20 @ 12:45 pm
....and your audio settings in VDJ?

Having just Googled this mixer, it's not designed for DJ use. It only has one stereo USB audio channel in/out.

You could send the master output of VDJ to the mixer, but you can't use it for cueing. You'd have to use the inbuilt audio of your computer.

IMO you'd be better off getting a dedicated DJ controller.

Posted Wed 13 May 20 @ 4:42 pm
Thank you. You have saved me hours of frustration!

Posted Wed 13 May 20 @ 5:34 pm
Does it make any difference if I use this set up for just broadcasting an internet radio station?

Posted Wed 13 May 20 @ 5:44 pm
Same applies really. For DJ use, you need two stereo audio channels out from VDJ. One for the master output and another for headphones. Alternatively one for each deck if you have a suitable DJ mixer. The little Behringer simply isn't designed with that in mind. Not surprising really, considering the price. :-)

Posted Wed 13 May 20 @ 5:53 pm
I use an A.R.T. USBMIX4 to record my DJ's performances for review.

It has a single phantom powered channel plus a multi input for XLR or 1/4" on channel 2, 2 1/4" inputs for Channels 3/4, a fader for Computer Audio Input, and multiple outputs including back down the USB to the computer. ($99) https://artproaudio.com/product/usbmix4-four-channel-mixer-usb-audio-interface/

Since the Level knob for "Computer" audio has no EQ controls, I EQ in Virtual DJ or use an external USB/Analog adapter to send the music to channel 2 which has decent low/mid/high sweeps. You may be able to use an external Digital/Analog converter in the same way to avoid buying a whole new board.

Posted Thu 14 May 20 @ 4:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)