Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Please help, data back up file lost.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi Guys,

I had a latency issue with vdj 2020 so I decided to back up my music database using geek uninstaller. When uninstalling it asked do you wish to keep Playlists, dat etc and I ticked yes. However, there's an option at the end that asks to get rid of traces of files and I stupidly ticked yes! It deleted my backup file! There's nothing in my recycle bin and I have tried system restore and it's still not there. Is there any chance of saving that file, it has major info on 72,000 tracks and Playlists. Many thanks if anyone can help.

Posted Wed 13 May 20 @ 12:06 am
If it's not in your recycle bin then that's it I'm afraid.

Anyway, VDJ has a backup operation built in or you could have just copied the documents>virtualdj folder.

No need for third party backup apps.

Posted Wed 13 May 20 @ 6:18 am
It is very sad to see this happen yet again to someone. Back ups on computers are and always have been vital, you never know what might happen.

Did you ever back up the documents>virtualdj folder? If you did, do you have it on a USB stick or external drive anywhere? I know it might be a bit out of date, but it will be better than sorting 72,000 tracks again.

For less than a £100 I have secured my music and the documents>virtualdj folder.
Two external 2Tb drives and a USB stick. After every time finishing a session I back up the the documents>virtualdj folder, takes 2 minutes.
Music I copy from internal hard drive to the external drives overnight once a week.

Please learn from this folks, it really can happen to you.

Posted Wed 13 May 20 @ 9:21 am
You don't need to copy everything.

Tools like synchredible only copy files that have actually changed, been added or deleted . Once set up properly backups take seconds.

Posted Wed 13 May 20 @ 9:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)