Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Video/Song Request on screen
I have a weekly gig that consists of an afternoon of nothing but video requests. I currently use a program that allows people to view my collection and make their request over a phone or on tablets I provide. I then add their selections into the sidelist of VDJ and try to play it at some point during the night. I will usually get asked when a persons song is coming up or what the next few songs are. Trying to think outside the box, I thought that the karaoke tab on VDJ could be manipulated a bit accommodate what I needed by using the singers name as the requesters name and then showing the artist and song title. Example <Name of "singer"> - <Artist> - <Title>

That being said, I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to code something that would allow me to play videos and allow me to use the feature in Karaoke to display the song requesters name or "singer" and the song requested like it would if it were karaoke. Basically I want to be able to put songs in either the automix or sidelist and have the option to show the current playing along with the next 2 or 3 upcoming songs on the external video screen, along with the name of the person "karaoke singer" who requested the song along the bottom of the screen by either scrolling or listing it. I've tried to manipulate the karaoke of the current version of VDJ but it doesn't allow me to do what I need.

Example:
Upcoming Request: would replace "Upcoming Singers"
1. Chad Madonna - Vogue (MTV Awards Live Version)
2. Mark Chicago - When Your Good To Mama (Live Tony Awards)

Also, the "Text" feature isn't an option because I would be spending too much time adjusting it with each song and I use that for bar specials and information about requesting songs.

Also, is there away to change the "Singers Names" to something else like "Song Requests"?

I hope this all makes sense and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted Sat 02 May 20 @ 12:10 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
What you want is a karaoke skin like for automix
But badly there is no "requester" or singer field in automix or sidelist and even karaoke have a "singer" field it is unusable with script
even the name is set in karaoke or karaoke history it disapears when added to automix (even the field can display, it is always empty)

otherwhise a skin doing this is relatively simple (i.e. a modified "ForKaraoke" skin work fine)

remove the karaoke="true"
things like "get_karaoke_background_song 'artist' & param_uppercase" becomes "get_loaded_song 'artist' & param_uppercase"
things like visibility="has_karaoke_next 1" becomes visibility="get_automix_song 'filename' +2 ? false : true"
things like "get_next_karaoke_song 'singer' 2" becomes "get_automix_song 'singer' 3"
and of course visibility="karaoke" becomes visibility="automix on"

Posted Sat 02 May 20 @ 1:52 am
Im looking for a skin like what you mentioned above for automix. I would like the next 4 or 5 upcoming songs to show up on my video screen. Is this a hard task to do when trying to change the code?

Posted Sat 21 Jan 23 @ 4:43 pm