Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: set a different pitch reset value

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is there a way to set a pitch reset value to something other that 0% so instead of slowly bringing pitch to 0% it can be set to go to say +5% for example?

Posted Fri 27 Mar 20 @ 7:11 am

pitch_reset 5%

Can set this at a custom button for example

Posted Fri 27 Mar 20 @ 3:06 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :

pitch_reset 5%

Can set this at a custom button for example

That will change the speed it resets with (to 5% per second), but not the target, which is still 0%.

Posted Fri 27 Mar 20 @ 3:34 pm

Ah yes, misread the post ;-) thought he meant faster (5%)

Posted Fri 27 Mar 20 @ 3:48 pm
I was thinking maybe a custom button with get_pitch or get_pitch_value but i cant get it to work. I am not familiar with vdj code so i may be typing it wrong.

Posted Fri 27 Mar 20 @ 4:16 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
a bit quirky
use the pitch reset with a negative % param that will make the reset go backwards, after that its queries to stop at the right time.

Posted Fri 27 Mar 20 @ 7:07 pm
user21490281 wrote :
I was thinking maybe a custom button with get_pitch or get_pitch_value but i cant get it to work. I am not familiar with vdj code so i may be typing it wrong.

Something like this might do, perhaps :

repeat_start "myPitchReset" ? blink & repeat_stop "myPitchReset" : repeat_start 'myPitchReset' 100ms & get_pitch & param_bigger 5.10 ? pitch -0.1% : param_smaller 4.90 ? pitch +0.1% : pitch 105% & repeat_stop "myPitchReset"

Posted Fri 27 Mar 20 @ 8:40 pm
rune top genius wrote:

Something like this might do, perhaps :

repeat_start "myPitchReset" ? blink & repeat_stop "myPitchReset" : repeat_start 'myPitchReset' 100ms & get_pitch & param_bigger 5.10 ? pitch -0.1% : param_smaller 4.90 ? pitch +0.1% : pitch 105% & repeat_stop "myPitchReset"

This worked you sir are a vdj genius. I was also able to follow the code to make it stop at different pitch values as well many thanks this helps tremendously.

Posted Sat 28 Mar 20 @ 2:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)