Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: How do you add a song on a Deck to the Browser / a Playlist? Must search again even though it's already there?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I searched and found a song I wanted to try, added it to a deck, started playing, then searched for other songs while I auditioned the first song. I decided it was a keeper, so I went to add it to a playlist. But it was no longer in the browser window. Nor was it in the sidelist or automix, and there was no place on the deck to click or drag to add the song to the browser or a playlist. Is that a flaw in Virtual DJ, or is there a way to make this not-a-problem?
(There is a work-around. Jump to History, find today's session, scroll to the bottom for the latest song, add it to a playlist, return to where you were, not in History. A lot more work.)

Posted Sat 25 Jan 20 @ 2:46 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
search options for
removePlayed

there's settings you can change.

or you could use this
search "`get_loaded_song 'artist'` `get_loaded_song 'title'`"

Posted Sat 25 Jan 20 @ 3:08 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
maybe he was asking for the direct drag drop action from loaded track to somewere else

drop the cover in combination with shift to move or with ctrl to copy
drag in the playlist or to the needed sidelist button - karaoke, sampler, sidelist automix - or other deck or any folder or virtual folder

Posted Sun 26 Jan 20 @ 7:20 am
@locodog,
removePlayed is not relevant here, it seems. The song never went into a sidelist, or automix, or karaoke. I dragged it straight to the deck from the VDJ-browser-window's search results.

I searched:
"`get_loaded_song 'artist'` `get_loaded_song 'title'`" in both Options and the browser's search bar, but found no results, with or without the " " quotation marks, and whether i searched one or both terms.
Where did you mean I should use that?
Thanks

Posted Thu 06 Feb 20 @ 9:08 pm
@Nicotux,
I tried shift-click-drag and ctrl-click-drag, clicking on the title, and later clicking on the disc image, but nothing moved into automix or the playlist browser window from the deck. Does that work for you? Where do you click to drag a track from the deck to the automix/sidelist/playlist-browser?

Posted Thu 06 Feb 20 @ 9:08 pm
the whole thing is a script to use on a button
search "`get_loaded_song 'artist'` `get_loaded_song 'title'`"

or you can drag the cover art to whatever list.

Posted Thu 06 Feb 20 @ 9:10 pm
@locodog,
(does that @ have any effect, like notifying you of my comment?)

I tried dragging the cover art (the disc) from the deck, but that did nothing. I then tried shift-click-drag and ctrl-click-drag, first clicking on the title, and later trying clicking on the disc image, but nothing moved into automix or the playlist browser window from the deck. Does that work for you? Where do you click to drag a track from the deck to the automix/sidelist/playlist-browser?

Posted Fri 07 Feb 20 @ 4:42 am
@ does nothing, just a tidier way to show to whom you're replying,
not the disc, the cover art by the track info, it's only shown on pro||performance skins

Posted Fri 07 Feb 20 @ 4:57 am
Thanks! I've been using Essentials. I can switch to Pro to drag the track from the deck to whatever list, and then switch back to Essentials, if I wish. I'm happy with that!

Posted Fri 07 Feb 20 @ 5:03 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)