Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Need more sample and effect controls

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a ddjsz2 and use it at Universal Studios City Walk on a daily basis. throughout djing there are certain times where I need to have over 20 samples ready at the touch of a button for specialty act sound effects.

If I add the Pioneer ddj-sp1 to my set up will I be able to set the pads up as different samples then the SZ ?

Is there a way to control more than 3 effects at a time. Can I set the SZ effects three per aside and then set up different effects on the SP1? Is there anyone out there that I could pay to set all of that up for me?

I was also thinking of adding a midi keyboard and assigning the piano keys as different samples. Is this possible?

Is there a way to use the OSC app on my Ipad to control samples and effects only.

If there is anyone out there that would be interested in making some money to set all of that up for me I'd be happy to pay. I just don't have the time.

If you do a good job I'll through you my friends and family discount for tickets to universal studios. :-)

Posted Wed 22 Jan 20 @ 4:47 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Yes to everything except OSC app, which I'm not certain.

I could probably map all that, I'll look over the sp1 mapping and get back to you.

Posted Wed 22 Jan 20 @ 6:54 pm
Here is how to setup and map a standard midi keyboard with VDJ
I add sample to the pads in the video, but it may as well be the keys (where I add key play in the video)
(I also add 8 effect controls in the video, but that is for the ColorFXs)

Posted Thu 23 Jan 20 @ 1:49 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
Here is how to setup and map a standard midi keyboard with VDJ
I add sample to the pads in the video, but it may as well be the keys (where I add key play in the video)
(I also add 8 effect controls in the video, but that is for the ColorFXs)

thank you so much ! this helped a great deal.

Posted Fri 24 Jan 20 @ 4:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)