Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Internet radio issues line input using VDJ 2020

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok so here is my delima. I have voscast and it works perfectly fine with virtual dj but here is what I'm trying to do. I have 2 DJ setups, I will be using virtual DJ on computer audio mode for when im not in the studio (autoplay) but I want to hook up my turntables (seperate setup going through a Profx mixer along with microphones) the line input option doesn't seem to work like I want it to so I could use the left deck for autoplay (on the laptop im using to broadcast) and the right deck for a separate setup using turntables and different DJ software. I hope this makes sense well I guess is this even possible?
OBTW
I have the seperate DJ set up and 4 mics going into the Profx mixer which is using the line out to go into the laptop microphone jack for the line in.

Posted Fri 17 Jan 20 @ 8:16 pm
Not entirely sure I understood, but if you want to broadcast any and all sound from the Profx mixer, you can simply use an audio cable from the rec/boot/master output of that mixer, and connect to a line-in your computer can hear (sound card). And then add a "Record" entry in VirtualDJ equal to this line in..
That way VirtualDJ will only broadcast the line-in sound,. and everything from the Profx analogue mixer (mic, turntables etc etc.. )
This audio logic is called "record loopback" : https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/settings/audiosetup/recordloopback.html

The only "challenge" in the above setup, would then be to also connect the master output from VirtualDJ to go through a channel on the Profx mixer, so that also the automix would broadcast...
- - - -
Alternatively you can do similar as above, but instead of adding a "Record" entry in VirtualDJ sound setting that hears the audio cable from the ProFX mixer, you could set it to "Line-in" in VirtualDJ audio settings instead, and use the "aux" to deck feature on VirtualDJ, and simply click the aux button to have any and all sound from the ProFX mixer play through VirtualDJ (and hence also broadcast... ) https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/settings/audiosetup/linein.html

- - - -
But maybe I didnt fully understand what you intend and want :)

Posted Sat 18 Jan 20 @ 2:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)