Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Looking for these two plugins on VDJ 2020. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just updated to VDJ 2020 and setting up. I am looking for two specific things:

1. Random video transitions plugin like I had on VDJ7. All I see is the individual transitions which means I would have to manually change them between each song. The random transition plug in was great on VDJ7 because it would rotate between all the transitions. Is it in 2020 and I just missed it? There doesn't seem to be a plugin in the downloads area.

2. I have a USB camera plugged into my laptop. It's a logitech C920 and the logitech drivers are installed and it works perfectly on the laptop but when I activate the CAMERA effect on VDJ2020, it turns on the laptops built in camera not the logitech camera that I have aimed at the crowd. I don't see a drop down menu to choose a different camera.

Posted Sat 28 Dec 19 @ 4:32 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
1 settings videoRandomTransition

Posted Sat 28 Dec 19 @ 4:34 am
Where? I looked in both the program and in the download page on Virtualdj.com. Random video transitions is nowhere to be found. I need it for version 2020. I have it on my old system with VDJ7 but can't find it on 2020.

Posted Sat 28 Dec 19 @ 5:18 am
I think I found the random transition function but it's not labelled random video transition. It seems you have to select and activated "Lottery" on the right side effects button in the video tab. However, it doesn't activate the next transition immediately after you mix to one side. Seems to change at varying times. Sometimes it does not change in time before I have to mix into the next song. The old plugin would mix to the next transition as soon as you faded to one side or the other.

Posted Sat 28 Dec 19 @ 5:49 am
Anyone know how to select different cameras besides VDJ 2020 defaulting to the built in camera on a laptop?

Posted Sat 28 Dec 19 @ 7:28 am
You could just disable the built in camera

Posted Sat 28 Dec 19 @ 9:05 am
I disabled the built in camera but vdj 2020 doesn't see or access the usb logitech C920 when i click on the camera button in the effects selector right below the video window. I can turn the logitech camera on through the logitech software and i can also see the logitech camera when i look in the laptops device manager under imaging devices. So I'm not sure how to get vdj to access the camera.

Posted Sat 28 Dec 19 @ 4:19 pm
witzjeffControlleristMember since 2015
Were you able to figure this out? I just bought a Logitech Webcam and am having the same issue. The camera works fine in other software, but isn't being recognized when I use the drop down in VJ. It only recognizes the front built-in camera. Any tips? I also can't find this video section people keep mentioning where you can turna nob to change the camera. Where can I find that?

Posted Fri 27 Mar 20 @ 5:22 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
for random transition :
videoRandomTransition in settings -> options

for camera :
the little gear right of any plugin in the selection menu in any skin or layout
or the "+" right of the effect in decks and performance layout with video rack

Posted Fri 27 Mar 20 @ 5:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)