Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: sampler to poi

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i looked through the threads and couldn't find info on how to link a poi in a sample . Is this even possible?

Posted Sat 16 Nov 19 @ 8:38 pm
set a action POI

sampler_bank "name of bank" & sampler_play 1

the number at the end is the number of the sample in the bank

Posted Sun 17 Nov 19 @ 1:23 pm
I wanted to link a poi that's linked to a cue in freestyler. i have done it to a song but not a sample . if its possible

Posted Mon 18 Nov 19 @ 8:06 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
You want a sample to call a poi? Not a poi to call a sample.

Posted Mon 18 Nov 19 @ 8:31 pm
yes. i want to be able to link the sample so when I press the sample the poi linked to the freerstyler makes all 24 moving heads do the cue point. I'm building a poor mans version of who wants to be a millionaire

Posted Mon 18 Nov 19 @ 8:45 pm
Won't work currently with the sampler, the sampler just doesn't read APOI like a deck does.
freestyler I'm not so clued up on, it sends commands via the poi name isn't it?? I think your only option is to play the sample on a deck [actually loaded it to a deck]

Posted Mon 18 Nov 19 @ 9:28 pm
I made 16 wireless game show buttons and linked them to a video sample so , it would be impossible to do that. The second a person push a button it locks out the others and shows players names on screen . My idea was to link via poi a cue and have it point at the player in the color of the team and then rolls out as the cue determines . so far 4 players red , yellow, green , blue. All with audio and video clips i just wanted to go the extra step

Posted Mon 18 Nov 19 @ 11:05 pm
I 'member the project now, why not have a silent track on a deck with hotcues/poi, button gets pressed hotcue called.

Posted Mon 18 Nov 19 @ 11:47 pm
wow, brillant. I will have to do that. i never ever thought of that. it would mean having to rewrite some of the script to make the lock out feature work . Great work around

Posted Tue 19 Nov 19 @ 7:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)