Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: MASTER EQ (EQ for the Master Output) - Page: 2
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
POLAR PAT ENT wrote :
When the question that should bes asked is...
"How can we Best serve Our Customers needs. TO PROVE that VDJ IS THE BEST DJ software in the WORLD"

I would like to reiterate your sentiments, Virtual DJ is the best DJing software I have ever used, all the others pale in comparison when you look at it's power, features & flexibility.
Despite resistance, I can count at least 6 DJ's I work with personally who have dumped other professional products & switched to Virtual DJ in order to 'Video DJ' the way I have been doing for the last 15 years as more and more venues are starting to copy what we do. Other software just can't do what Virtual DJ does.
However that doesn't mean that it can't be better still.
I do, unfortunately, think long & hard before posting any 'requests' as I find quite often the response is more an interrogation than an enquiry into what I may be asking, altho I have recently realised that some of this may be down to English not necessarily being the first language of some people replying on here, something I now take into consideration.

Posted Tue 04 Oct 22 @ 12:46 pm
djkrysr wrote :

I do, unfortunately, think long & hard before posting any 'requests' as I find quite often the response is more an interrogation than an enquiry into what I may be asking, altho I have recently realised that some of this may be down to English not necessarily being the first language of some people replying on here, something I now take into consideration.

Due to me feeling the same way too I also concider posting only the requests that are really necessary and which I can explain in english, or those which are worth explaining.
But not because I want some uninvolved people to understand it a 100%, rather than being prepared for the "forum-fight" it might cause.
So yes, the fact that english isn't the main language of everyone is a considerable point, but I wouldn't reduce it down to this. I'm also not a native english speaker, but I'm try to manage a polite tone in my texts which I miss in a lot of replies, which on the other hand lets me think that replies of this kind happen intentionally.

Posted Tue 04 Oct 22 @ 7:23 pm
It's not a fight. LOL.

Let me paint another picture:
You have users asking for new "features" all the time. And you have users complaining that the software is too complex and has too many features all the time.

When you need to make a decision as to "should I add this new feature or not ?" you need to justify why you should, and why you shouldn't. Only after you justify both views you can actually take a correct decision.
Actually that rule applies to much more decision making processes in our everyday lives than you might think. Anyway..

Back to SW development: It's easier to through new "features" every week in the program than to keep a balance between what's really needed and what's going to be used only by 5 users in the world (generally speaking again) and confuse others, or make it more difficult for others to get around.

These are the reasons why we sometimes ask all these questions. We need to understand what the user(s) wants and why. We need to understand for instance why EQ10 (native downloadable plugin) or a VST effect doesn't cover up the user. Only then we can justify the "why we should do it" argument I mentioned above. Also this means that once we really understand the underlying problem we may come up with a different or better solution.

Finally if you take some time to read these forums (Wishes & New Features) I'm sure you'll find plenty of cases that we have listened to our customers and we have included or improved functions based on the feedback we receive. I don't have particular numbers, but I think I can say with a certain degree of certainty that around 80% of what gets asked gets also implemented.
So no, we are not stubborn @$$*0*3s that get pleasure by "interrogating" our customers.

Thank you!

Posted Wed 05 Oct 22 @ 8:20 am
[quote=PhantomDeejayFinally if you take some time to read these forums (Wishes & New Features) I'm sure you'll find plenty of cases that we have listened to our customers and we have included or improved functions based on the feedback we receive. I don't have particular numbers, but I think I can say with a certain degree of certainty that around 80% of what gets asked gets also implemented.
So no, we are not stubborn @$$*0*3s that get pleasure by "interrogating" our customers.

Thank you![/quote]

I have no words.

Posted Wed 05 Oct 22 @ 12:24 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
It's not a fight. LOL.

Let me paint another picture:
You have users asking for new "features" all the time. And you have users complaining that the software is too complex and has too many features all the time.

When you need to make a decision as to "should I add this new feature or not ?" you need to justify why you should, and why you shouldn't. Only after you justify both views you can actually take a correct decision.
Actually that rule applies to much more decision making processes in our everyday lives than you might think. Anyway..

Back to SW development: It's easier to through new "features" every week in the program than to keep a balance between what's really needed and what's going to be used only by 5 users in the world (generally speaking again) and confuse others, or make it more difficult for others to get around.

These are the reasons why we sometimes ask all these questions. We need to understand what the user(s) wants and why. We need to understand for instance why EQ10 (native downloadable plugin) or a VST effect doesn't cover up the user. Only then we can justify the "why we should do it" argument I mentioned above. Also this means that once we really understand the underlying problem we may come up with a different or better solution.

Finally if you take some time to read these forums (Wishes & New Features) I'm sure you'll find plenty of cases that we have listened to our customers and we have included or improved functions based on the feedback we receive. I don't have particular numbers, but I think I can say with a certain degree of certainty that around 80% of what gets asked gets also implemented.

Thank you!

I indeed can admit that you implemented a big bunch of my ideas, so I don't even want to contradict to your statement. As well as it is clearly understandable that you have to kinda find a way to make a decision, and to keep a reasonable balance for use- and senseful functions to implement.

So this all is not even the subject we are addressing here...
It is important and very right to ask and talk about ideas.

But (no offense) (as "POLAR PAT ENT" already mentioned) your team somehow collectively developed this weird answer that has kinda absurd touch to itself: Either to program it by yourself or to carry a piece of hardware around.
And YES, unfortunately i got this particular answer very - if not too often.

There are a LOT of ideas that aren't even worth to discuss them, i understand that.
But as we pointed out in this specific thread here, there are other softwares on the market and even the market leader of DJ Hardware builds several FLAGSHIP DEVICES with the same simple 3-Band-EQ...
So there clearly IS a meaningful use for this! (Which I laid out to you, besides several others.)
And we are discussing whether or not mixing aids should be used for permanent correction. (no offense)
This discussion on the other hand then drifts to "which workflow is better", and at some point it gets ridiculous. There has to be a point where the discussion has to stop and some kind of acceptance has to kick in. Because this is the point of a healthy and respectful discussion.

And beyond that, as I also already mentioned, I'm always trying to keep a polite style while writing, so that no one feels offended.
Even if this means that a lot of times I have to put in brackets that my statements are no offense.
Or to just inform people about the progress their ideas went, or at least whether or not they get taken into consideration. (Sub-)Communication is important for a the way people feel about a conversation.

Thank you, too! <3

Posted Fri 07 Oct 22 @ 5:04 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :

Thank you!

I have no words.

Posted Sun 09 Oct 22 @ 9:35 pm
--

Posted Sun 09 Oct 22 @ 9:37 pm
--

Posted Sun 09 Oct 22 @ 9:40 pm
I do apologise for the multiple messages, for some reason when I modified a post it kept posting it as a new message !

Posted Sun 09 Oct 22 @ 9:40 pm