Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Reset Sort Order
Apologies if this has already been asked (can't spot it, but that may well be me!) but where has the "Reset Sort Order" option gone in 2020? I used to be able to right-click on the sorting columns in a playlist browser and the top option would be "Reset Sort Order" which took it back to the original order of the iTunes playlist that I was viewing. That menu vanished, and now I can't even see it in the options to add it back as a keyboard shortcut. Am I missing the obvious somewhere? Cheers.

Posted Wed 06 Nov 19 @ 10:23 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Reset Original Sort Order is a very long story
VDJ decides once something was added/moved it's no more "original"
then you can do whatever you want, the "reset original sort order" item is removed

if the list is untouched, the menu item is present, you can reset the untouched sort order ^^

"Reset Sort Order" as name would maybe have helped , no reference to any "original" thing
what is needed is a "Reset Last Sort Order" ... but no way

https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/231630/Wishes_and_new_features/reset_sort_order.html?search=reset%20original%20sort%20order&page=1
https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/188627/Wishes_and_new_features/_Ver8__Browser_-_Wishes___new_features.html?search=reset%20original%20sort%20order&page=22.5

Posted Wed 06 Nov 19 @ 11:01 am
The key thing here is that I'm using iTunes playlists as my source folders (for a number of integration and sharing reasons), so there is a "real" order to the tracks as they appear in iTunes. However there seems to be no way to get back to *that* order from within VDJ. And there always used to be before the 2020 update.

Posted Wed 06 Nov 19 @ 11:38 am
Maybe the "just new" update fixed this ?
"-Fix iTunes playlists on macOS 10.15 not preserving order"
Early release option ON.

Posted Wed 06 Nov 19 @ 12:18 pm
Found it! Rookie error I think... was looking for the mapping option in the wrong category. I've now set a key I didn't use to:

browser_sort "Original Sort Order"

... and I *think* that's doing what I expect. I'll test it later and double-check.

Posted Wed 06 Nov 19 @ 12:24 pm
I had a wedding playlist 90% and took a column out of my automix... which organized all my songs by BPM (must have hit that tab , dang it) IS there a way to resort back to the previous order? Thank you and I'll pray for a good result haha.

Posted Tue 13 Jul 21 @ 1:48 am
with recent version you can show column "order" and click it

If it was the order used when creating and saving the list : rightclick and select "Original Sort Order"

if some tracks were added... find them at the bottom of the list or randomly between 2 songs with "similar" names, not where they were added

Posted Tue 13 Jul 21 @ 2:00 am