Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Sample Volume randomly resets to near zero

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi

Using the sampler, the volume level of the samples regularly resets to almost zero.
When this happens, it affects all the samples in the bank.
It may only be affecting banks that I've created myself, or edited... I haven't noticed the issue with other banks (but I'm mainly working with edited banks)

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Posted Tue 29 Oct 19 @ 3:08 am
Is it random, or after you’ve switched banks? This is one of the “features” of VDJ 8.

Posted Tue 29 Oct 19 @ 12:44 pm
Can confirm there is a problem with sample volume, at least for custom samples. In my case though, the volume increases and seem to be somewhat random or some form of "build up". Did not change bank in between (in this case a ID sample played on top of a mix). VDJ 2020/64-bit/Win10.

Just a guess: maybe the internal byte buffer for the sample is changed instead of keeping the resulting data after applying the sample's gain once, or put differently: the sample's gain is applied several times (in some situations) and depending on its setting (+/- value) the sample increase/decrease volume as a result? This could also explain why some samples are unaffected if the gain is "0" (no change).

Posted Tue 29 Oct 19 @ 1:45 pm
groovindj wrote :
Is it random, or after you’ve switched banks? This is one of the “features” of VDJ 8.

Both... It often happens while working solely within one bank.
I'll set the volume levels, start playing the samples, and sometimes within just seconds, they'll be back to 5% or so.

Posted Tue 29 Oct 19 @ 10:10 pm

Using a controller with touch sensitive pads? That are mapped to control volume of sample by press strength

Posted Wed 30 Oct 19 @ 1:03 am
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :

Using a controller with touch sensitive pads? That are mapped to control volume of sample by press strength

hmmm that would make sense, but as far as I'm aware my VCI-400 doesn't have touch sensitive pads...

Posted Thu 31 Oct 19 @ 7:16 am
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :

Ah... Not on the VCI-400 but it looks like the Ableton Push which is also connected, might be the source of the problem... Problem solved, for now :-\

Thanks.

Posted Thu 31 Oct 19 @ 8:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)