Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: syncing mac and pc via midi

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I DJ in a club that uses lightkey as the lighting software on a separate computer. That computer is a Mac. I use VDJ on a PC laptop. We are on the same wireless network. I need to be able to send my BPM signal to the lightkey program on the Mac to achieve BPM beat control to the lighting scenes. The other DJ that is never there set this up with his setup in mind. He uses a Macbook pro with Traktor and it works fine with an easy set up.

What I've done so far is downloaded a virtual midi port app on my PC called loopbe1, I'm sure you are aware of what this is. I can use that through VDJ and on the same computer I will run Ableton Live and it syncs the BPM just fine using the loopbe1. I can raise and lower the BPM in VDJ and it reads it and moves correspondingly in Ableton so I know it works at least on the same computer and OS (obviously).

Again. I need a Mac running lightkey on the same network to recieve my BPM through a midi signal from my PC laptop running VDJ.

thank you and bravo on the new look and features. A+ once again

Posted Tue 22 Oct 19 @ 9:56 pm
Instead of loopbe you need to download a similar app that will create a MIDI port over network.
There are several apps for that. The most know I believe is rtpMIDI

Posted Wed 23 Oct 19 @ 8:35 am
The Lightkey FAQ page mentions some software that will run on the Mac and generate MIDI clock from an audio signal.

That way you could just send the an audio signal to the Mac.

Posted Wed 23 Oct 19 @ 4:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)