Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: setting not being saved

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i was just wondering if anyone is having a problem of any setting modification not being saved over program/system restarts etc.
not many of you may even adjust the "scratchFilterQuality" setting...but i desire its value to be at zero for personal reasons.
the setting constantly reverts to 10(not even the default value),but only sometimes...before i plug in a script in the INIT value to correct this behavior, i just wanted to know if its only me or if it's a bug etc.
ps...the auto change of value is sporadic/random,,,and i have no idea what triggers it.
my only reasoning is that "0" is not a value and therefore it reverts to the last custom value which is 10.
having said that...the xml settings file show 0 when i change it in the settings page.
also i don not run vdj as admin...because this effectively negates windows drag and drop functionality from windows explorer into vdj

Posted Sat 12 Oct 19 @ 3:54 pm
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi
I had a problem where VDJ wasn't remembering if I changed any settings during a session, upon the next load of the software it would revert back to what it was previously, it also didn't save my Sidelist to the one that was there when I shut the program, instead reverting to an older one. Upon further investigation I found in most cases, VDJ wasn't actually shutting down and was still available as a process in "Task Manager" in Windows, even though it had appeared to shut down.

I found If I loaded VDJ, changed any settings I wanted to the correct values, then straight away shut VDJ down without doing anything, it almost always saved those settings. So I configured VDJ how I wanted it & for the most part this was an OK work around.

Howver in the end I contacted VDJ and they suggested deleting the settings.xml file and reloading the program, this didn't work, so in the end I removed the whole VDJ folder (having taken a backup first), restarted VDJ, then copied back specific stuff like my database.xml file, "Folders", "Sampler", "History" and my custom Skins & Mappers i'd changed. It was a pain having to go thru settings again to configure it how it used to be but it has been fine ever since.

Just remember if you decide to reset VDJ back to factory setting, to take a copy of the VirtualDJ folder (or simply rename it "VirtualDJ_old") so you have a copy of anything important you may want back and also that you feel comfortable doing so because if you don't know what specific files/folders to restore you will end up losing stuff.

If your not sure, contact support and they should help you.

Posted Sat 12 Oct 19 @ 4:49 pm
thank u for your suggestion.
i am trying something similar to avoid having to go through the entire config page again>backup the setting xml>delete the file and let vdj create a new one>close vdj and open the newly created xml with notepad & delete all it contents>open the backed up xml file and copy and paste all the values to the now blank freshly created xml file...
will get back to you!!

Posted Sat 12 Oct 19 @ 5:34 pm
The settings still reverted to previous values..so i did what you suggested..deleting the settings file and manually re editing the changes in vdj itself...fingers crossed this time..i suppose its only natural for the setting file to be contaminated etc...as new options are added.

Posted Tue 15 Oct 19 @ 12:55 am
I think i'm in the clear now..so remaking a new setting file is the solution(fingers crossed!)

Posted Fri 18 Oct 19 @ 1:19 am
The setting reverted again..i have since reported as potential bug and currently using a custom button to notify me when the value changes and i have to change it back...

Posted Mon 21 Oct 19 @ 3:10 pm
following, Im having similar issues but my folder does not have a setting.xml file.. I've reloaded the software to see if it would create one, nothing worked so far.

Posted Thu 26 Dec 19 @ 8:54 pm
Are you sure you are looking for it in the correct folder? Its the virtual dj folder nested in my documents btw...not the virtual dj folder in program files...there can also be a win administrator issue with virtual dj not having permission to write files onto your hard drive

Posted Wed 01 Jan 20 @ 7:47 pm
MellpotPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Hi
Did anybody find a fix for this problem ? having same issue latest build VDJ Denon mc 7000

Posted Sun 12 Jan 20 @ 1:14 pm
MellpotPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Sorted uninstalled VDJ and old 2018 files re installed all works fine.
Keep up the good work chaps.

Posted Sun 12 Jan 20 @ 4:56 pm
Revisiting this old thread with a request...I think the devs said that the setting reverted if the CPU was fast enough...could this behavior be changed and leave it totally to the user...these days I'm rocking a filter of 7..and it keeps reverting to 10,only when ultra latency is off and the software is idle mind you...
Never mind me wanting ultra latency off and the difference for me at 7 and 10...I wish it could just stay what the user inputted...

Posted Thu 05 Nov 20 @ 2:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)