Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Ask The DJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

It's about time Ask The DJ got some love...

In the world of 'selfies' why not allow the requester to upload a photo and message with their request?

The DJ can vet the photo/message and chose to use or not use it. Maybe even edit the message for hygeine allowing it to be used in one way or another...

Link the request to a song in your sidelist and when played, use the video skin workflow to display the photo and message using a number of preset transitions automatically - or rotate round the transitions.

This could have a positive impact on the use of ATDJ and drive up more use.

Great for bars with multiple screens of event DJ's running projected video screens.

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 8:59 pm
Even allow 'shouts' with no requests, that can still be vetted and shown on screen.

Posted Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 9:00 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I think that last one could be done with the text plugin.
just had a test, we can pull the senders name, likely the message too punting that over to the text plugin is trivial, I think that's a goer
Hit me up in a few days, see what we can trial

photo's sent would be a whole world or let's say fun but if you're in that kind of anything goes place, how about having a online dropbox the punters can send their d p's [desired photos] and you just point slideshow at that...?,

Posted Mon 23 Sep 19 @ 5:51 am
I understand what you are saying, but it's kinda missing the point...

It needs to be a seamless experience for both the requester and the DJ.

Im working, I don't want to be flipping between applications and, more importantly, its that tie in between the request, the photo and when I play it.

It might be 5 minutes, it might be 30...

I might want to create an event in the schedular.

The text plugin I understand and for shouts not related to requests just need to be moderated before they go to the screen.

I'll take a look at that.

Tha ks for the response though.

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Mon 23 Sep 19 @ 6:11 am
far too sterile for me then.

Posted Mon 23 Sep 19 @ 7:20 am
locodog wrote :
far too sterile for me then.

Not sure what you mean by sterile?

Posted Mon 23 Sep 19 @ 1:20 pm
As a side line to OT could we get, Norwegian krone & Swedish krona as tip currencies please

Posted Tue 24 Sep 19 @ 12:34 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
The way I use askthedj is only for requests and message with ex. toastmaster or Vip persons on events
I use TellyV for shoutouts and pictures etc.. no need for it through askthedj.

But, I would like to add my own site to like, just like a button for facebook.
And to add my catalog to show at the same time as we can get textmessages.
That would be awesome !

Posted Tue 24 Sep 19 @ 3:39 pm
gmediaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Good ideas here!

Posted Wed 16 Oct 19 @ 3:35 am
Would have been hard to argue for this 6 weeks ago, but now since international audiences are a reality

Auto currency tip switch,
user sets a their page with tips for each currency, when the requester uses ASK it switches to their local coin.

Posted Mon 06 Apr 20 @ 4:06 pm
locodog wrote :
...could we get, Norwegian krone...

No no no
Nobody wants that
Not right now
Norwegian kroner vs Euro (Corona + Oil crises = perfect storm):

:-)

Posted Mon 06 Apr 20 @ 9:49 pm
will play records in exchange for toilet paper. XD

Posted Mon 06 Apr 20 @ 10:04 pm
Well, my idea for a new feature is a mode for VDJ Remote whereas it's sole purpose is to interact with the Ask the DJ feature. Even if my idea came to fruition, I doubt I myself would use it very often. However I'm sure they're other's who would benifit from this. Plus, ik I'd have fun playing around with it and messaging myself lamo. But in all seriousness, I think it would be lit if somebody were to make a VDJ Remote skin just for that. Or better yet, an offical app update to add this. But I will admit, I only have VDJ remote on my broken iPhone 5c and (get this) my iPod touch 4. I still have yet to purchase the app for my actual phone (Samsung Galaxy j7 Sky Pro), which is what I carry around in my pocket, unlike my iPod. So I doubt I would be reciving any app updates anytime soon. But really, if anyone makes this a reality then that would be the best thing ever.

Posted Mon 20 Apr 20 @ 1:11 pm
Wish:
Limit the number of free requests from the same IP address within time interval (for example, within 1 hour)

Posted Thu 03 Sep 20 @ 8:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)