Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Sound lab mixer mrt60

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was wondering if anyone can help me as I want to know if I can hook up my sound lab mrt60 mixer to my laptop and use that with virtual dj thanks in advance

Posted Mon 12 Aug 19 @ 9:58 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Analogue mixer, so sure, with just your on board sound card you'd need to have a "deck 1 ch1 mono & deck 2 ch2 mono" audio config

Posted Mon 12 Aug 19 @ 10:36 am
So this is the mixer I can use to play with VirtualDJ

Posted Mon 12 Aug 19 @ 11:03 am
Also this is the back of the mixer

Posted Mon 12 Aug 19 @ 11:04 am
If you can use it with VDJ?
Yes and no
You can't use it to control VDJ - there are no midi controls on the mixer for that
But you can set up VDJ to just act as 2 separate players, and connect it to the 2 decks of your mixer - just like you would with 2 turntables or cd players
That will let you mix the 2 decks, but you still need something to control playing the tracks - that can however be just mouse and keyboard
Also note that if you only have the onboard 1xstereo soundcard on your laptop available to you, then you can only set it up as 2xmono (because that's all the outputs you have)

This video may inspire you - the 2x mono setup with external mixer starts at 8:51

Posted Mon 12 Aug 19 @ 11:26 am
Thank you I am thinking to do it this way as on my pioneer ddj Rx mixer I am not getting any sound through deck b but it shows the track playing . So I just want to know that I have other options

Mod then actually reply there.

Posted Mon 12 Aug 19 @ 11:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)