Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Premium 2 channel controller

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am looking for a high-end 2-channel DJ controller that works perfectly with Virtual DJ...Any recommendations?

Posted Wed 10 Jul 19 @ 12:55 pm
kevilev wrote :
I am looking for a high-end 2-channel DJ controller that works perfectly with Virtual DJ...Any recommendations?

That's easy. Which one do you like? They all work with VDJ so just pick the one you like the most.

Posted Thu 11 Jul 19 @ 6:29 am
Give a look at the Numark NV, and Numark NVII. For an intermediate controller I have found that this one works so wonderful; they all do software wise, but hardware wise this is an excellent one for the price range.

Posted Thu 11 Jul 19 @ 11:46 am
Those are four channel controllers...

Posted Thu 11 Jul 19 @ 11:58 am
I'm looking at the ddj 800. Is it fully mapped though?

Posted Thu 11 Jul 19 @ 4:13 pm
If it has an operation guide, it's natively supported. Things don't go native unless they're fully functional.

Posted Thu 11 Jul 19 @ 4:18 pm
kevilev wrote :
I'm looking at the ddj 800. Is it fully mapped though?

The DDJ-800 is a 4 channel controller that uses shared faders for 4 channel mixing, but to answer your question, yes it is fully mapped. If you intend on just using 2 channels (1 and 2) then it is ready to go right now. However, if you intend on using 4 channels or all 4 decks (1, 2, 3 and 4) then you will need to get with me to help you re-map it. For some reason I can not understand at the moment, Atomix has chosen to disable 4 deck mixing on the unit with VDJ.

The fix is quite easy though. Atomix added some mute commands in the mapping so that decks 1 and 3 will not play simultaneously. They did the same for decks 2 and 4. All you have to do is go into the mapping and delete the mute commands that they added and then it works perfectly.

Btw, I highly recommend the DDJ-800. It's a great controller with VDJ.

Posted Fri 12 Jul 19 @ 7:56 am
groovindj wrote :
Those are four channel controllers...

Yeah I know is a 4 channel, I am also a two channel Dj, but I don't mind having those to dead volume faders if the controller is worth it. But if for some reason you still don't like it, and you still want a high end controller, well that looks like the new Pioneer 800. But if you are a MAC user make sure everything works, so you don't get what happens with the Pioneer 1000; mixer effect section doesn't light up.

Posted Fri 12 Jul 19 @ 7:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)