Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Denon Prime 4 Virtual Dj Support - Page: 17

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

That's a sure sign you've been running a cracked copy. Download the cleanup utility Dan linked to.

Posted Thu 11 Jun 20 @ 9:07 pm

Posted Thu 11 Jun 20 @ 10:34 pm
thanks djtouchdan and staff it works now

Posted Fri 12 Jun 20 @ 12:25 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There is no official support for any Prime series device at this point. So the screens wont work. The Mapping files which are available to download and use the Prime 4 as Midi controller (without screens) have been updated to prevent some files to automatically download until both Denon and Atomix finalize the project and release support
Some of you may got the screens working because..
1. You got the files as Beta testers
2. You downloaded a previous version of Mapping files which was automatically downloading some dll files.

For the rest, you will have to be patient and wait for final release.

Posted Fri 12 Jun 20 @ 11:05 am
By me works all now, thanks! Nice work, with this packages I can work now!! Nice nice nice

Posted Fri 12 Jun 20 @ 11:57 am
Ah, so Denon is to blame for the confusion over screens suddenly not working.

Nothing much they can do though, because once the cat is out of the bag, it's very difficult to put it back in. :-)

Posted Fri 12 Jun 20 @ 12:12 pm
ZamoodaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
djdad wrote :
Zamooda wrote :
Curious tho, I just got the Prime GO will this work with that too, or different coding?

Denon says the Prime GO will not be compatible with the SDK, no plans either, so no, screen wont work and not sure if the device will even work as MIDI controller.
So if your plan was to use it with VirtualDJ (or any other DJ software) better return and buy something else.

Ok - Im not even planning on using VDJ w my P4 I just wanted to see how it all worked.

Posted Sun 14 Jun 20 @ 10:39 pm
Made a new layout for Prime 4

Posted Mon 15 Jun 20 @ 7:59 pm
Tomas Cerny (VeeJay Lizard) wrote :
Made a new layout for Prime 4

Posted Mon 15 Jun 20 @ 8:00 pm
So did I :-)

Basically a reversal of the existing layout, with decks at the top.

I removed the buttons, giving me more browser width. It still switches between folders and browser, with the back/forward buttons on the hardware, and the other buttons weren't essential for me.

It's an additional view added to the original skin, so the other views are still available.

Running on my PC for screengrab, so logo has forced its way in.

Posted Mon 15 Jun 20 @ 8:32 pm
@groovindj can you please send me a source xml of your skin please? Thanks

Posted Mon 15 Jun 20 @ 9:32 pm
I had it working then, screen view on the prime 4 & no cover art, then they updated the mapping, now I have the cover art & no screen view on the controller, can anyone help me out ?

Posted Mon 15 Jun 20 @ 10:22 pm
or explain what is going on with it, why working, then not working ?

Posted Mon 15 Jun 20 @ 10:23 pm
Read the post by djdad further up the thread.

Posted Mon 15 Jun 20 @ 10:34 pm
djcraigPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Are Denon being a bit arsey about this?

Posted Tue 16 Jun 20 @ 8:44 am
can i make my own logo in the jog wheels using the xml file when i edit it?
Can somebody give me a tip with that?

Posted Tue 16 Jun 20 @ 9:12 am
@ [Tomas Cerny (VeeJay Lizard)] Tomas Cerny
why you disable the icons, i have the same xml, but i dont find the point, how i can enable it :D

Posted Tue 16 Jun 20 @ 10:31 am
@XsurferX files have to be ziped, to wiev icons and cue points, Just take those files Denon Prime4 Screen.png and DenonPrime4 Screen.xml and ZIP them to Denon Prime4 Screen.zip, than put them to Skins folder. Thats all, than will be icons and cue points visible.

Posted Tue 16 Jun 20 @ 2:59 pm
i make it thomas...
only zip archives in my skin and devices folder.
It works good, but not icons.. on the picture i see no icons by you too..

Posted Wed 17 Jun 20 @ 9:40 am
In the XML, each button definition has a icon line which tells VDJ where the icon is (in the png file) and the size etc.

Either the icon line has been removed or commented out, or the png has been modified, so the location is no longer correct.

Example
<icon x="553" y="38"
For the button to show the icon, the code needs to be in the XML, and the x= and y= location needs to be correct, so it can be found in the png file.

Posted Wed 17 Jun 20 @ 10:37 am
63%