Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: BAD UPGRADE Version build 4918 - 1498

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a problem with this new build 4918 1498. And it got my skin all screwed up. I have 4 custom buttons that went blank. And worst of all my effect EQ 10 Bands has disappeared ruining my EFFECT layout.

I see EQ 10 Bands in my Documents/VirtualDJ/Plugins/SoundEffects. But on this build they do NOT show up in the drop down list of EFFECTs.

Restore via Windows Restore and they come back. I install the new build and BYE BYE their gone.

This build screws me up. What happened? And can it be fixed?

Posted Fri 03 May 19 @ 11:19 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You need to reinstall eq10 from the config extensions tab within vdj.

Posted Sat 04 May 19 @ 3:26 am
Yes, the EQ10 is now an internal/native effect

Regarding the custom buttons missing:
You say you have 4. The default skin only has 3 pr deck. So are you using a none-default skin? And if so, is it different with the default skin?

Posted Sat 04 May 19 @ 4:05 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
With this update I missed the custom buttons too as well as with previous 64bit version
in fact they were already in the settings.xml but an empty <customButtons /> tag was added forward
removing it did nothing

moving the <customButtons>.....</customButtons> entry in place where <customButtons /> entry stay solved the issue

Posted Sat 04 May 19 @ 4:28 am
Thank you. Well I'm pretty much restored except for one annoyance. My EFFECTs line up perfectly when I'm at FULL screen. When I go to Window movable mode the EFFECTs go out of order. This is a NEW problem. I'll search for a SCALER

MAX SCREEN PROPER ORDER.

WINDOWED SCREEN OUT OF ORDER

When I launch in full window mode the order is correct. I'll go to movable window mode and it scales down properly. But if I leave it in movable window mode and re-start, the effects come up scrambled. I'm having no luck finding a "scaler"

And as far as the Custom Buttons changing. I had 5 come up blank. And 4 others had the wrong command in them. What the hell happened? First update screw up I've had in a LONG time.

Posted Sat 04 May 19 @ 5:36 am
Not sure what happened to the custom buttons. Did you also update the skin perhaps?
Nothing changed in the way custom buttons are stored.

The effect panels in the browser are automatically ordered based on available space, so as you resize the skin, the browser may get more vertical space, and panels might be rearranged. This is also the same and didn't change in any recent update though.

Posted Sat 04 May 19 @ 7:30 am
Adion,

No, I made no changes to my skin. I just updated with the new version like I have many times. And now this all happens.

I must be something to do with EQ10. It wasn't until they made this integrated that I have trouble. Could it be the data window EQ10 uses cannot be scaled? But it kinda does.

If I open in full screen all is well. I can click to a moving window and all scales down perfectly. But if I leave it like that and restart, the EQ10 screws up the effects section as shown above.

I''d love it if all the effect boxes could be scaled by corner dragging. It would be nice to get more space for my folders and song list if I could tighten up the effect section.

Is there something in the XML skin config where I can make the effect data windows adjustable?

Posted Sat 04 May 19 @ 10:47 am
EQ10 had a slightly updated skin, so it's possible that this is a little bit different size compared to the one in the previous version.

Effect windows are automatically sized and positioned, so there's no way to manually move or resize them.

Posted Sat 04 May 19 @ 10:52 am
Ok thanks. And dammit another trouble. Now when I load a deck it turns off my EQ10. I turn it on with the ONINIT. On Deck 1 and Deck 2 I load a track and the green LEDs turn off. I can't find the proper command in options. Any idea?

FIXED: Turned OFF ResetFXOnLoad. Now how did this get changed? SMH

Posted Sat 04 May 19 @ 11:43 am
My ONINT. It's memorialized in your examples. Built this with help of DJDad.

sampler_volume 1 -30% & sampler_volume 5 +100% & sampler_volume 9 -50% & sampler_volume 12 -50% &

deck 1 level 75% & deck 1 effect_select 1 'EQ10' & deck 1 effect_active 1 'EQ10' on & deck 1 effect_button 'EQ10' 1 & deck 1 effect_slider 'echo' 1 0 & deck 1 effect_select 5 'flanger' & deck 1 filter 0.5 & deck 1 effect_select 2 'Djos Special Flanger' & deck 1 effect_select 3 'Echo' & deck 1 effect_active 3 'Echo' on & deck 1 effect_select 4 'Loop Roll' & deck 1 effect_show_gui 1 & deck 1 effect_show_gui 2 & deck 1 effect_show_gui 3 & deck 1 effect_show_gui 4 & deck 1 effect_show_gui 5 &

deck 2 level 75% & deck 2 effect_select 1 'EQ10' & deck 2 effect_active 1 'EQ10' on & deck 2 effect_button 'EQ10' 1 & deck 2 effect_slider 'echo' 1 0 & deck 2 effect_select 5 'flanger' & deck 2 filter 0.5 & deck 2 effect_select 2 'Djos Special Flanger' & deck 2 effect_select 3 'Echo' & deck 2 effect_active 3 'Echo' on & deck 2 effect_select 4 'Loop Roll' & deck 2 effect_show_gui 1 & deck 2 effect_show_gui 2 & deck 2 effect_show_gui 3 & deck 2 effect_show_gui 4 & deck 2 effect_show_gui 5 &

deck 3 level 0% & deck 4 level 0%

Posted Sat 04 May 19 @ 11:46 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
JimmyL-DJ wrote :
....Now when I load a deck it turns off my EQ10. ...Any idea?

resetFxOnLoad

Posted Sat 04 May 19 @ 11:54 am
Thanks LocoDog. Found it. Works fine now. Now how did that change?

Is there a setting to save the last state of the skin? When I open up VDJ in full screen all is ok. Then I change to a movable window. All is good.

Close VDJ with the movable screen active, I reload VDJ and now the effects are out of order. Is there a save window state before closing option? Looking.

Thanks for helping. This is not fun.

Posted Sat 04 May 19 @ 12:04 pm
I found the work around for the unwanted re-arrangement in my effects section. I just select master EQ10 and it will pop up in the effects area compressing the arrangement. Then hiding the master EQ10 will make the effects go back into proper alignment.

Love the new EQ10 with the color indicators for up and down. I would suggest to change the green to blue though. Or even better... give us the choice with the color palliate.

A friend of mine at the Gig Saturday night commented the green color when attenuating doesn't look right. The red color with boost makes sense. I would prefer blue. Yes... how about an upgrade that allows us the choice of color.

The work around for the misalignment is comforting. But a fix to the problem would be appreciated.

If I close my session out in movable window mode, and re-start VDJ, it comes up in scrambled mode. If I close VDJ with full screen and re-start, it comes up in full screen, and all is good.

It's a "scaling" problem. Never had a problem until the new resident EQ10 was added. Can we get a fix for this?

*** Also could this upgrade have scrambled my Freestyler setup? It's been working great for years.

After this upgrade, and at my gig on Saturday, some fixtures disappeared. And all fixtures in the speed select column disappeared except one.

And that discovery was after having a problem syncing up the wireless DMX effects pole, and the up-lighting. That got fixed with a backup DMX wireless transmitter, and power cycling the fixtures. Lovely right? Starting to sweat.

So is there was a little pressure to get this fixed with the gig ready to start. I was doing Karaoke, and I use my uplights at the base of the microphone stand to make it look like stage lighting. Singers get white. And during instrumentals I put the lights on multi-color sound activated. Looked incredible.

So I rebuilt everything from my Freestyler on the fly. It wasn't too bad. I had to add the 6 wireless uplights. Freestyler with the "add" next 6 fixtures started at 160 were it should. All those lights were missing. No clue what happened to them.

The quick select column was just hiding. I found it when I got home.

Glad I came in a little early. Sometimes I think of giving up all this electronic stuff, and do gigs with a non-powered instrument. Like a flute or something simple :)

It just seems a little suspicious this update comes along and Freestyler freaks out. But it could have resulted in trying to fix the VDJ problem. I went through a couple of Windows restore sessions in my panic to get this issue resolved, as well as re-loading older releases of VDJ. A very horrible experience.

So the temporary fix do a re-alignment is done by popping up the master EQ-10 and then hide it again. I'm much happier now.

Posted Mon 13 May 19 @ 11:03 am
Another problem has appeared. And I can't fix it. Looking for suggestions.

PFL has stopped toggling to the new deck. I changed the CONFIG "pflOnSelect" to NO and back to YES several times. It refuses to work.

And it was one of my best liked features. Anything else I can try? I don't want to revert back to a previous version as I just went through that mess.

Posted Sun 26 May 19 @ 6:57 am
Fixed it. Google was my friend. Somehow autoHeadphones got set to "no". I changed it to "onload". We are back to normal. Feeling much better now. :) Now how did that get changed? New release bug? I dunno.

Posted Mon 27 May 19 @ 1:24 pm
Have you tried a new controller recently ?
Some controllers change that setting during their initialization for them to operate correctly (usually they have hardware controlled PFL buttons that don't accept MIDI commands and therefore the autoheadphones option must be turned off in order to have controller and software doing PFL on the correct channel)

Posted Tue 28 May 19 @ 8:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)