Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Deduplication at the search level

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

As I sit here going through my library swapping out older rips and finding other inferior tracks I started to think that having a "find duplicates" based off the search query you type in would be a very useful tool to have. Even more so you can step it up, even more, to display the dupe tracks (like you can in the smart filter) and then further refine by highlighting tracks that are ripped at a lower bit rate. You could make that a setting within Options & Tweaks, while the "search for dupes" could be a selection to tick in Search Options.

I think for those trying to do some deep library management this could be a generally simple tool to implement since you already have smart filters that do global dupe finds.

Posted Sun 03 Mar 19 @ 2:53 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
There is a keyword for that in filters folder "duplicates"

Posted Sun 03 Mar 19 @ 3:24 pm
Yes but I am talking a more refined solution working with search.

For instance I have over 9000 dupes in my library, but many are actually desired (a song that appears on two CDs) or not. With the global dupe finder you are just fed everything at once with no way to filter beyond that. Having something that is also tied into the search box will allow for some additional small scaling to make things a bit easier.

Posted Mon 04 Mar 19 @ 4:05 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Not wrong, duplicates is useless as is, group & filter seems broken with it

Posted Mon 04 Mar 19 @ 5:07 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)