Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Is Virtual DJ compatible with Miracast?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

paxwebbPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I couldn't find any post with this information. Basically I am looking for a decent solution to connect my video output wirelessly to a video input that isn't located near the DJ performance area. Does Miracast have a decent range? Is there a lag/delay to the audio? (VDJ 8 can adjust for this in the settings, correct?)

Or is this setup too sketchy, and I should be looking at a more expensive, but dedicated video send/receive system? Any thoughts, observations, or advice is appreciated, and Merry Christmas.

Posted Thu 27 Dec 18 @ 5:27 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Miracast might introduce too much delay but I haven't personally tried it. It uses Wi-Fi and not TCP/IP so performance might be acceptable. According to the Wikipedia article, there are no maximum acceptable latency requirements so no performance guarantees.

There was an extensive discussion on wireless HDMI here recently which might be informative if you haven't read it already.

Given the fact that this is a DJ-ing use, my bet would be on wireless HDMI but some trial and error with Miracast might yield results.

Posted Thu 27 Dec 18 @ 6:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)