Forum: General Discussion

About VirtualDJ and DJing in general

If you need extended support, contact our Support Team.
Forum Guidelines  (*) The moderators hold the rights to move or modify posts in order to keep the discussions clear or to facilitate the search.
Topic: Setting a completely different tracks to cues
DJRAWATLPRO SubscriberMember since 2014
Is there anyway possible to set complete tracks to any of the 8 cue buttons on the fly, on the same playing deck? For example, I have a track playing on deck 1, but I want to immediately jump from the vocal version playing to deck 1 to the acapella version on one of the cue pads, at the same time start the next song on deck 2 by just hitting both at the same time. Is that possible?

Posted Fri 07 Dec 18 @ 1:53 am
Yes, you can do 2 things at once by simply mapping them with a "&" between them

So:
deck 1 hot_cue 2 & deck 2 hot_cue 1
will at the same time trigger hot cue2 on deck 1 and hotcue 1 on deck 2

You can also do more complex jumping. Like the examples shown in this video:

Posted Fri 07 Dec 18 @ 8:05 am
DJRAWATLPRO SubscriberMember since 2014
klausmogensen wrote :
Yes, you can do 2 things at once by simply mapping them with a "&" between them

So:
deck 1 hot_cue 2 & deck 2 hot_cue 1
will at the same time trigger hot cue2 on deck 1 and hotcue 1 on deck 2

You can also do more complex jumping. Like the examples shown in this video:

That seems a little more complex than I'm wanting to do. I'm wanting to jump between different versions of a song on the same deck by putting different tracks on different cues of the same deck that's playing, at any random point, without having to used the pad editor.

Posted 3 days ago @ 10:48 pm
A deck only holds one audio file at the time. You can map loading and playing a track as one button click, but there may be a loading delay. And it will be visually confusing
So the simplest way is probably using more decks. That is kind if what they are there for
Another option is to go old school and use an audio editing software like audacity to combine several tracks into one file, maybe with gaps of silence in between. Then VDJ will see and load the resulting file as one track, and then you can jump between songs using hot cues. This is often how DJs doing routines prepare, so that they don't need to change tracks every few seconds

Posted 3 days ago @ 11:36 pm