Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Need help computer gurus!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have 1-HDMI and 2-mini display ports on the lappy. What do I need to output a different video or slideshow on each of these? Or is it even possible?

Posted Sun 11 Nov 18 @ 11:25 pm
Google It.

Posted Sat 08 Dec 18 @ 12:43 am
You can’t output 2 different videos on 2 different screens with VDJ.

You’ll have to use some 3 party program like Resolume with Syphon.

Atleast that’s what I do.

Posted Sun 09 Dec 18 @ 9:35 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
There is a workaround possible by adding a window to a skin that just displays the deck preview. Then you could enable slideshow or other video plugins just on that deck, and drag/resize that window to the second video output.

Posted Sun 09 Dec 18 @ 9:39 pm
I wasn't thinking about trying to use VDJ for multiple outputs. My thought was, I have Media Player, I have VLC player, I have a slideshow player, but I guess I need software that will direct each of these players to a video output, i.e., HDMI out, displayout 1, displayout 2. Running VDJ on the HDMI, a random video on display out 1, and a slideshow on display out 2.

Posted Mon 24 Dec 18 @ 5:32 am
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
If you can hook all three up and get different parts of the desktop on each, then multiple software should work.

Drag each window onto the screen you want and maximize it.

Some programs, like PowerPoint, should let you choose which monitor to run a slideshow on.

Posted Mon 24 Dec 18 @ 3:57 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
TellyVisuals can get you different shows on multiple screens.

Posted Mon 24 Dec 18 @ 6:50 pm
Ok, Thanks Guys! Looks like I have some work to do. Will let ya know if I succeed......

Posted Tue 25 Dec 18 @ 1:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)