Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Addons

Topic: Ableton Link - Page: 2
yes good evening, i really would like to have a discussion here about whether or not follow the master with the keys, and why isn"t the master in 2020 synchronised with the master and yet you can not change , it because he do not follow up, the nightstreamer

Posted Fri 13 Dec 19 @ 4:57 pm
zehkahControlleristMember since 2016

Posted Tue 14 Apr 20 @ 1:02 pm
Hello , God bless you all.
Is there any plan soon to update the ableton link feature? At least to make it follow the master tempo, since when it is enabled in the master effect section it only follows deck 1. Thanks :)

Posted Mon 27 Apr 20 @ 10:03 pm
DeeJay MAE wrote :
Hello , God bless you all.
Is there any plan soon to update the ableton link feature? At least to make it follow the master tempo, since when it is enabled in the master effect section it only follows deck 1. Thanks :)

Think it follows master on master ..
And there is an explicit button when on master. in the Ableton Live plugin settings, called "master" for one way to DMX software if needed

Posted Tue 28 Apr 20 @ 3:09 pm
Unfortunately, when the plugin is active in the master effect section, it only follows the Deck1, so if you switch to deck 2 and play a song and try to change the bpm my iMaschine app will not follow deck 2 even if it is the master deck. The Ableton link should follow the Master bpm, and Master bpm should mean that read from the master deck.

This is the description of ableton link plugin from Ableton site: Hop on to the same network and jam with others using multiple devices running Link-enabled software. While others play, anyone can start and stop their part; or start and stop multiple Link-running applications at the same time. And anyone can adjust the tempo and the rest will follow

but sadly it is not the case with VirtualDJ. Or maybe I am doing something wrong.

I am using VirtualDJ with iMaschine2 app on my Ipad, so I am trying so link the app with the master tempo of VDJ and vise versa. Thank you

Posted Thu 30 Apr 20 @ 8:59 am
Update now it works better when I switched off the Link plugin in master effect section, and only switch it on for deck 1 & deck 2, now I can change bpm on whatever place and all is syncing together,
but first when the master ableton link is ON in addition to Deck 1 link and deck 2, the bpm is stuck on a fixed value that I couldn't change on vdj, only in iMachine 2 app.
So now it works better.

Posted Thu 30 Apr 20 @ 10:00 am