Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Traktor s4 mk3 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hello, everyone. I'm just wondering, is it planned to support this controller in the near future?

Posted Mon 22 Oct 18 @ 4:35 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Yes, but no estimation for how "near" will be

Posted Mon 22 Oct 18 @ 5:11 pm
Ok, thank you for the answer. Hope it will be soon, because s4 is really cool controller for my opinion)

Posted Mon 22 Oct 18 @ 5:39 pm
28th of December and still waiting.....

Posted Fri 28 Dec 18 @ 10:50 am
rbsdjPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I recently bought Traktor Kontrol S4 MK3 and it would be great if virtual DJ added support for this controller. I do not like Traktor software.

Posted Sun 30 Dec 18 @ 2:12 pm
eliasFMC wrote :
28th of December and still waiting.....

That was to be expected, I think

When a new regular midi+hid+soundcard controller comes out, the support usually arrives within days/weeks. Like for the Pioneer DDJ-400 - or the S2 MK3 that got supported almost right away

But when new inventions like the S4 MK3s "haptic feedback" is added to a new controller, if takes longer, because that's usually new proprietary tech that needs to be researched and understood by the devs, and sometimes needs to be added to the VDJ core program

So I usually find it pretty easy to guess if a new controller will be supported within days, or if it will take months

Posted Mon 31 Dec 18 @ 3:12 am
Agreed - from what I understand, even Native Instruments themselves haven't fully implemented the haptic stuff into Traktor yet.

Posted Mon 31 Dec 18 @ 8:41 am
djxhalxPRO (OEM)Member since 2014
It would be great to have at least basic stripped down version of working mapping for S4 MK3 - without screens, haptic feedback or motorized jogs - just for us working DJs to test out new hardware and work! Those new features could be added in later updates - as for 21 january my S4 MK3 is still a brick in VDJ...

Posted Mon 21 Jan 19 @ 6:12 pm
Rule number one: Don't buy new hardware and think it can be used instantly with VDJ. Let the developers do their job as good as they always do doing support of new controllers. The process takes its time. VDJ users are too spoiled with VDJ supporting every controller on the planet.

Posted Tue 22 Jan 19 @ 10:54 am
I'm saying - "It would be great if" - because s2 mk3 is already supported, so my guess is that it's not that big of a problem to do and share normal mapping - it's rather the added features like screens, haptic drive response, motorized jogs and such that makes the process longer.

I'm asking for a beta version of mapping that supports all the basic stuff like eq, effect knobs, basic jog mode, cuepoints and such - because I imagine it would take really low effort to make one of these - since s2 mk3 is already done.

Posted Tue 22 Jan 19 @ 6:16 pm
When I am going to buy a controller before all the research and reviews, unboxing and what so ever, one of the first things I do is, I search the Virtualdj Hardware Manual Page. I don't buy a controller then expect VirtualDj to program the dam thing, I go the other way around. If the Team already has native support for it, then I go to the process of reviews and etc, etc and buy it if I am convince.

This process has never fail me.

Posted Tue 22 Jan 19 @ 6:31 pm
Ye dude, I do the same - but my main controller went for 30 days warranty service and I wanted to try out this new controller in the meantime. I have no problem with testing it out on Traktor Pro 3, but if s2 mk3 is already supported in VDJ - why not doing the same with s4 mk3? It's already 3 months out on the market.

I would say it's a reasonable thing to ask out on the VDJ forum for a controller support - or at least a date for a planned support.

Posted Tue 22 Jan 19 @ 7:42 pm
Agree. It would be great to get beta version of mapping right now, and add haptic drive response, motorized jogs etc. later.

Posted Wed 23 Jan 19 @ 7:23 pm
Is there any news on that topic?

Posted Wed 20 Feb 19 @ 1:41 am
If Atomix have not said anything, then no. When it's ready they will release it.

Posted Wed 20 Feb 19 @ 5:51 pm
For anyone else wondering and waiting for VDJ - Traktor 3.1 is released today as well with the new firmware for S4 MK3 - parallel waves and standalone mixer features included.

Posted Wed 20 Feb 19 @ 10:36 pm
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
For anyone that found this thread when searching for the Traktor S4 here on VDJ, it's now working with partial support.

http://virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80980

Support staff wrote :
Due to a delay in supporting screens and Haptic Motor mode, we decided to upload mapping files for Traktor Kontrol S4 MK3, without these features.

Mapping files (requires Pro license) : http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80980
Known issues.
- Screens not working
- Haptic (Motor) Wheel mode not working
- Faders not reporting their positions on startup. To get their positions, move any fader after startup

A quick Operation Guide will be available soon

Thanks VDJ! It's taken years for me but I think I've found my next controller. :)

Posted Sun 24 Mar 19 @ 12:05 am
Would be cool to already have full support after 8 months since the release of the controller on the market - just saying.

Posted Sat 27 Apr 19 @ 9:44 pm
djxhalx wrote :
Would be cool to already have full support after 8 months since the release of the controller on the market - just saying.

Main problem now - faders dont get properly their position at start. Sound goes right to the master with max lvl. Usually you need just move any fader a little, but sometimes you need to move all 4 faders few times, from min to max lvl, to make it works right. Its really sad(

Posted Sun 28 Apr 19 @ 10:41 am
gegenava wrote :
djxhalx wrote :

Main problem now - faders dont get properly their position at start. Sound goes right to the master with max lvl. Usually you need just move any fader a little, but sometimes you need to move all 4 faders few times, from min to max lvl, to make it works right. Its really sad(

Yep - thats a quite annoying problem too - I need to rester VDJ 3-5 times sometimes till it starts properly without faders dissapearing completly in previous startups.

Posted Thu 02 May 19 @ 9:29 pm
80%