Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: ASK THE DJ NAME - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Looks like the last 6 characters of the device MAC Address which is exactly what I was coming to ask for.

I haven't tested this yet, but I would hope that all submissions are tied to the MAC now, so that if a user changes their name on the form, it updates all request entries.

Posted Mon 25 Feb 19 @ 4:14 pm
DJ Ross M wrote :
Looks like the last 6 characters of the device MAC Address which is exactly what I was coming to ask for.

I haven't tested this yet, but I would hope that all submissions are tied to the MAC now, so that if a user changes their name on the form, it updates all request entries.

The thing is, if they enter a name you do not see or know the partial MAC. So they can still submit under multiple names.

Posted Mon 25 Feb 19 @ 4:28 pm
RCBAudio wrote :

The thing is, if they enter a name you do not see or know the partial MAC. So they can still submit under multiple names.

I know we’re going way back here.
Surely, On the backend the UID still exists even when a name is populated...
Therefore it would be handy in 2 circumstances, no name entered but is later updated to include a name and reflect that. Secondly in the circumstance of someone repeatedly changing their name show updates. Or allow the UID and name to be shown along with the request. Toggle on off like any other browser related field.

Posted Thu 28 Jan 21 @ 6:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)