Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Vdj remote on android

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have been meaning to post this issue for a while now .....

I have the remote app non Android, I find it really useful around the house , house parties and for early in the evening at gigs when compiling playlists

It does work, but does not always connect automatically, and I gave to tick the box "LOOK FOR V7 REMOTES "

Does anyone else have this issue, I have the latest download on Android

Posted Tue 18 Sep 18 @ 4:41 am
It's usually a wifi problem. The best solution is to bring your own pre-setup router and create your own wifi

Posted Tue 18 Sep 18 @ 8:10 am
I stopped using the Android app as it suffers from random disconnects and won't connect again. The iOS version crashes if you come out of it and go back in again. It's been reported but there's no quick fix apparently.

I work in a multi-level venue on Saturday nights and wonder about all night with my radio mic and an ipad. I'm using VNC client for windows to send and VNC receiver in iOS to receive. It's the most configurable and reliable solution out there.

To sort the wifi issues I have a TPlink wireless extender RE650 (pictured below) which I plug in at a central point in the venue. Both the laptop and ipad connect to it (by either 2.4 or 5ghz) and it runs flawlessly all night with absolutely no disconnect in my 5 hour gig.

The VDJ remote app is out of date and not worth using any more in my opinion. With the VNC solution you get the whole interface on your screen and can easily pinch to zoom in and out. The only thing I have added are a couple of custom buttons to change the deck volume by + or -10% as the sliders are difficult to change with your finger.

Posted Tue 18 Sep 18 @ 8:37 am
I always have my own hotspot and plan to upgrade to a commercial grade high power access point.

I have found it to be ok when connected , it's just if disconnects i sometime have to manually connect it again , and it uses a different port

I think it would be better if you could choose a fixed port number

Not sure why its only discoverable when i tick the loo for old v7 remotes

Hope they come up with an update soon

Posted Fri 21 Sep 18 @ 5:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)