Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Karaoke features & Suggestions
Love most of the new features with the karaoke such as auto save to a singers play list and keeping the key change. Ability to drag from their song list and their name and key change copy with it to the karaoke singers list.

Keep the songs on the karaoke list after they are played and just marks as played, similiar to the autoplay when the "Autp Remove Played" is NOT checked. This helps with singer rotation

Once a song is played if it already exists in that singers playlist under karaoke do not copy it their again

A Skip feature that puts the currently queued karaoke song to the bottom of the list, a few singers down or something similiar. Right now if I drag the top song to a lower position it shows in the karaoke singer list in CDJ and on the external monitor; but the deck does not reflect the change and the previous top songs remained loaded in the deck. Sometimes the queued singer might have walked outside, be in the restroom, etc... A feature like this would be very valuable.

Thanks again for your efforts on a solid product.

Posted Sun 12 Aug 18 @ 5:25 pm
RCBAudio wrote :
Love most of the new features with the karaoke such as auto save to a singers play list and keeping the key change. Ability to drag from their song list and their name and key change copy with it to the karaoke singers list.

Keep the songs on the karaoke list after they are played and just marks as played, similiar to the autoplay when the "Autp Remove Played" is NOT checked. This helps with singer rotation

Once a song is played if it already exists in that singers playlist under karaoke do not copy it their again

A Skip feature that puts the currently queued karaoke song to the bottom of the list, a few singers down or something similiar. Right now if I drag the top song to a lower position it shows in the karaoke singer list in CDJ and on the external monitor; but the deck does not reflect the change and the previous top songs remained loaded in the deck. Sometimes the queued singer might have walked outside, be in the restroom, etc... A feature like this would be very valuable.

Thanks again for your efforts on a solid product.

These are all great suggestions and would be very useful to those of us involved in lots of karaoke.
PLEASE lets try to sort this.

Posted Tue 14 Aug 18 @ 2:37 pm
hi,

i Like to have chance to change the background while playing the track of the karaoke, a kind of chroma or to change for an animated video,

many of the the karaoke files , come with the light green or blue background so boring and an old fashion,

thank you

GK

Posted Fri 17 Aug 18 @ 8:57 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Old fashioned? I thought that was when you had videos playing behind the text (the old bulky laserdisc days).

Posted Sat 18 Aug 18 @ 2:41 am
Wants:

A skin with a bigger second screen

A 'total time of all singers' thing in Karaoke mode (like automix has) so you know how long you've got left

Singer rotation (although this is annoying, so please let's turn it on and off if possible)

Timed intervention screens (so you can set the 'in between screen' to change according to the time of the evening eg. after 10:30, it changes to a different picture)

Video overlays behind the text (remove CDG layer 0, which is normally the background, and allow to replace with a different colour or a VFX)

Great job so far, by the way!

Posted Wed 22 Aug 18 @ 7:48 pm
TopKatzHome userMember since 2010
I'd like to be able to use karaoke mode and automix mode concurrently, at present the system doesn't like both modes enabled at the same time and the video skin overrides the karaoke skin. The karaoke background music from automix and other options are a great idea but very limited, you cannot select start and end points for tracks and have very little control over track selection.

As a user I would like to be able to control the background music in the same way as in full automix mode whether I have singers queued up or not, and be able to insert karaoke tracks into my set as seamlessly as background tracks.

This could be done by allowing the karaoke skin to override the video skin if karaoke mode is enabled, and allow karaoke mode to insert tracks into the automix playlist as the next track either immediately or with a user controllable button, or in some other way let the karaoke skin have priority over the video skin, and allow full automix mode to have priority over karaoke mode when both are enabled.

Posted Fri 24 Aug 18 @ 9:25 pm
Thanks for making the singers auto-remove an option now. Great!
I have also noticed that I can drag the top (queued) from it's top place on the list and drop it further down if that singer is not ready when called (bathroom, outside smoking, etc...) and it keeps his name; but it does not auto-load and queue the new top song. Which I can always right click and say "Load on Deck A" to get in the deck; but when I do it erases the singers name for that song. Hopefully this will be fixed in a later release.

Thanks for continuing to work on the product.

Posted Thu 30 Aug 18 @ 4:49 pm
With the most recent update, many of the Karaoke settings have disappeared (i.e. font size, number of singer, remove some items from being displayed like the file name). Any chance the settings list will be expanded back to what it was in previous versions? I don't like to display the next 4 singers and all the other information that is now included in super small font. Thank you for any feedback or suggestions to work around this other than using an older version of VDJ,

Posted Mon 10 Sep 18 @ 2:34 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

Posted Mon 10 Sep 18 @ 2:50 pm
I will look into those plug ins but initial glance shows the same layout that I’m trying to get away from. There used to be like 20 settings that could be adjusted and now it’s 10, if that. Also, how do you remove the annoying “now playing” feature that was also added.. I don’t need to have “background” music displayed.. thank you for your response, but I don’t think a plug in is the solution, as the issue is the settings from the actual vdj player

Posted Tue 11 Sep 18 @ 2:36 am
Hi,

when there is one or last song in the list, it doesn't dissapear. It stays in the list, so when the singer has finished it replays with the same singer/song.

Is it a bug or do I something wrong?

Posted Thu 20 Sep 18 @ 2:04 pm
Garpie wrote :
Hi,

when there is one or last song in the list, it doesn't dissapear. It stays in the list, so when the singer has finished it replays with the same singer/song.

Is it a bug or do I something wrong?

I think is possibly related to my comment from a few posts above.
"I have also noticed that I can drag the top (queued) from it's top place on the list and drop it further down if that singer is not ready when called (bathroom, outside smoking, etc...) and it keeps his name; but it does not auto-load and queue the new top song. Which I can always right click and say "Load on Deck A" to get in the deck; but when I do it erases the singers name for that song. Hopefully this will be fixed in a later release."

Posted Thu 20 Sep 18 @ 4:41 pm
Just simply add a CLEAR button to the karaoke playlist singer list.....
oh and maybe if we change the key in the key change tab when we add a singer, please let the song automatically change the key the minute we load it to play, because sometimes even after I note the key change, I still forget to change the key once loaded.... especially after a few beers...lol

other than that, I've been with Atomix since 2005. I love you guys. Saw the Beta of VDJ8 in Vegas. I brag to other DJ's that don't use VDJ, that you listen to us, and always make updates and changes.....

YOUR WHOLE TEAM DESERVES A PAT ON THE BACK!!!! WELL DONE!!!

Posted Thu 25 Jul 19 @ 11:19 pm
Garpie wrote :
Hi,

I think is possibly related to my comment from a few posts above.
"I have also noticed that I can drag the top (queued) from it's top place on the list and drop it further down if that singer is not ready when called (bathroom, outside smoking, etc...) and it keeps his name; but it does not auto-load and queue the new top song. Which I can always right click and say "Load on Deck A" to get in the deck; but when I do it erases the singers name for that song. Hopefully this will be fixed in a later release."

Just wanted to follow up on this issue. This is still seems happening and is one of the biggest things keeping me from using the "Karaoke mode" feature. Also not just moving the one on top down; but if I load a song lower on the list into the deck (again current queued singe not available or ready); it move the song to the very top of the list ahead of the ones already marked as played and loses the singer name. I appreciate the effort gone into the karaoke ability of VDJ; these make the "Karaoke Mode" pretty unusable and easier to run it all manually. I would be happy to capture a video and send in; if it would help illustrate the problem.
Thanks & keep up the great work.

Posted Fri 12 Jun 20 @ 7:15 pm
RCBAudio wrote :

Just wanted to follow up on this issue. This is still seems happening and is one of the biggest things keeping me from using the "Karaoke mode" feature. Also not just moving the one on top down; but if I load a song lower on the list into the deck (again current queued singe not available or ready); it move the song to the very top of the list ahead of the ones already marked as played and loses the singer name. I appreciate the effort gone into the karaoke ability of VDJ; these make the "Karaoke Mode" pretty unusable and easier to run it all manually. I would be happy to capture a video and send in; if it would help illustrate the problem.
Thanks & keep up the great work.

Any luck on getting this looked at for when Karaoke starts back up in my area?

Thanks again for a great piece of software!
Ron

Posted Sat 30 Jan 21 @ 7:52 pm
Adding a true karaoke rotation and full scroller bar like Karma & Open KJ programs

Posted Tue 09 Mar 21 @ 4:54 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Full access to karaoke fields 'Singer', 'keychange', 'position', 'will play at' please :
- Would be fine to be able to get 'Will play at' and 'keychange' fields in a way to display them on the karaoke videoskin
- The ability to set Singer and Keychange by script
- make the position a real field and not an unuseful line number always 1..n
search and sort with other fields would not alter the list order, only position column would not be sorted ...
going back to sorted by position clicking position column

All this would allow for instance user self creation of rotation scripts
but also automation of request by Ask the DJ and other

Posted Tue 09 Mar 21 @ 8:36 pm
Any plans for Karaoke feature improvement. See OP, please.

Posted Sun 06 Feb 22 @ 10:20 pm