Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: shader linked to a track

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

is there a way to link a shader to a track? kind of like the poi in songs linked to a effect?

Posted Fri 29 Jun 18 @ 5:24 am
+1

A way to make a track remember what shader to use. So everytime you play a track, it knows that it needs to display a certain shader. Thx...

Posted Thu 16 Aug 18 @ 6:18 am
djmrmcPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I kinda like this idea too. Even an option for random shaders as opposed to auto.

Posted Thu 16 Aug 18 @ 12:53 pm
If a script option could be added to select which shader to use, you could actually do the rest using an Action POI with something like:
video_source_select 'Shader' & video_source

That could then be set in the beginning of a track, or as many times doing a track as you like to change Shaders

But the script above will currently just select shader as source, turn it on and open the video window (if closed) - and also opens the popup so you can select shader
I don't currently see any way to select which Shader should be used from the list

So either I'm missing that part - or it would be a nice feature to have added :)

Posted Fri 17 Aug 18 @ 6:56 am
Me Too!

Posted Tue 15 Jan 19 @ 11:54 pm
me too

Posted Mon 28 Oct 19 @ 2:02 pm
ok , i got it... poi editor . Then name flame
action effect_string "audioonlyvisualisation" 2 "Flame" : On
marker only

then i played the song to a cue point . set the action. the second it hits that point my shader went on
to turn to the second shader on and change make a second action at the point where you want to have it change .
effect_string "audioonlyvisualisation" 2 "Perspex Web Lattice" : on

worked fine
f.y.i i have my shaders set to auto play anytime im playing songs only with no video the setting is the the configure menu .
i also mapped my shaders to 40 buttons but its really slick to map to p.o.i thanks for every ones ideas .

Posted Sun 12 Apr 20 @ 4:00 am
i also tried making a sampler as the change out and it worked fine: action

sampler_play "wowdj" : on
after i put the logo as a sampler . you could also make your name transparent in the sample photo and the shader will show through

Posted Sun 12 Apr 20 @ 4:14 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
if you want the same for video (not audio only) poi set to things like this:
i.e.: Audiotunnel with 50% transparency:
action : effect_string shader 2 "audiotunnel" & effect_slider shader 2 50% & effect_active shader

Posted Sun 12 Apr 20 @ 5:51 am
Works perfectly, thank you.

Posted Sun 12 Apr 20 @ 6:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)