Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ Crashes when DDJ-SR2 is plugged in

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi Guys,

I have a DDJ-SR2 and it has been working fine on my PC for the last few months, however when I went to use it last week I plugged in the controller (DDJSR2) and went to load a track.
The track seemed to load to the deck correctly but when I pressed play on the controller it just stuttered back and forth as if it was doing a roll.
This in turn totally froze the deck and all I could do was exit the program.
I tried the 'Repair' function but this didn't help and after two or three restarts on the machine and controller it finally worked!?
Any ideas what would have caused this?
I have attached below a video I took from my phone showing what it looks like.

Many thanks

https://ufile.io/uo3du

Posted Thu 28 Jun 18 @ 2:41 pm
It's usually caused by having the wrong audio config, so VDJ can't play the track through the audio interface.

Posted Thu 28 Jun 18 @ 4:29 pm
The config (as far as I can tell) is correct - after several restarts the program eventually works but it is mighty frustrating.

Will the crash log show anything? If so how do I go about getting it? (Bearing in mind the PC isn't connected to the internet).

Many thanks once again!!

Posted Fri 29 Jun 18 @ 7:18 pm
could be a faulty USB cable cause sound card to lose connection.

when it happen take a look at audio config and see if you see the yellow triangles in there or error messages

Posted Fri 29 Jun 18 @ 7:20 pm
I am the same identical problem over the last 3 to 4 weeks with the freezing and eventually having to restart program ....this may sound like a crazy question.... I have a PC. It has 1USB connection on one side and 2 on the other side. Which is the best to use for the controller...…… I have all my music stored external hard drives.

Posted Mon 14 Dec 20 @ 4:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)