Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Addons

Topic: Minimalist UX 4

Posted Mon 11 Jun 18 @ 12:53 pm
Hi Rune,

Is there any chance you can explain how to change the position of the elements in the XML ..... for example move the text or EQ up or down.

I had a quick look and it's not that simple to understand. For example "<pos x="+0" y="+60+6+20+70+20+6+20"/>"

Once explained it will be easier to modify these to suit individual requirements.

Thanks!

Posted Mon 11 Jun 18 @ 1:05 pm
Like in any skin, coordinates can be relative or absolute, and you can also use math functions (add and subtract)

When coordinates start with + or - they are relative coordinates (relative to the object they are inside, like a group or panel)
When the start directly with a number they are absolute (absolute to the top left corner of the skin)

When you see something like +5+20+50+30 it's the same as +105
When you see something like 20+30+10 it's the same as 60

The reason that on many skins you see coordinates with math functions is because it's easier for the skinner to align and position elements this way.

Example:
blockA (a line) height=5 pixels, position y=+0 ( 0 pixels from the parent group)
blockB (an EQ) height=50 pixels, position y=+0+5 (we add the height of the line)
blockC (a texzone) height =20 pixels, position y=+0+5+50 (we add the height of the previous block to it's y coordinates)
blockD (a second textzone) height=15 pixels, position y=+0+5+50+20 (same as above)

Of course in the example above we left no gaps between the blocks.
If we add gaps (let's say 10 pixels each) then the coordinates would be:
blockA y=+0
blockB y=+0+5+10
blockC y=+0+5+10+50+10
blaockD y=+0+5+10+50+10+20+10

With this code if the gap is too small (or too big) we can easily adjust it without recalculating all coordinates (e.g. replace +10 with +15)

blockA y=+0
blockB y=+0+5+15
blockC y=+0+5+15+50+15
blaockD y=+0+5+15+50+15+20+15

Posted Mon 11 Jun 18 @ 4:35 pm
Hello - after download is intalled sucsessfull - but nothing happened
....... ???? :)

Posted Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 3:48 pm
Right click on the video preview window and tick use video skin.

Posted Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 3:57 pm
after right click is possible only .. minimize or close .. :) I am stupid??? :)))))

Posted Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 4:19 pm
You need the latest version.

If you're using an older build go to settings> Interface and look at the bottom where you will see options for the video skins.

Posted Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 4:21 pm
still there is only default origin from VDJ

Posted Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 4:22 pm
yes I have last version before 20 min. downloaded

Posted Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 4:23 pm
Ahaaa OK is running - thak youuuuuu my friend

Posted Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 4:25 pm
last qouestion - it is not possible to set time of preview??? or set which informations from TAG editor I want to preview ??

Posted Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 4:31 pm
Not within the particular skin, but in time there will be others with lots of different content.

You could edit the XML of course.

Posted Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 4:33 pm
OK thank youuuu :) have a nice day

Posted Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 4:44 pm
kradcliffe ... please one question .. ok edit is nice, but it is possible to put picture from cover of Album for preview?? and it is possible to set time of preview as was in old version titler??? Thank you for your support

Posted Thu 28 Jun 18 @ 4:02 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
video source Cover will show covers.
time would have to be skinned

Posted Thu 28 Jun 18 @ 4:16 pm
do you mean cover button??? there is possible to set only on, off fade time, position and size , and it is not transparent possibility, and no possibility to set time of preview for example few seconds... :(

Posted Thu 28 Jun 18 @ 4:25 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
then it's a skinning job.

Posted Thu 28 Jun 18 @ 4:37 pm
Hey it is possible to make one with a pictrure from me to see the Wave and Track Title well i can't do it

Posted Thu 07 May 20 @ 5:39 pm
pas les wrote :
Hey it is possible to make one with a pictrure from me to see the Wave and Track Title well i can't do it

At skins in settings, find the videoskin at bottom, click the [+] next to the name to expand, and you can choose from several versions.
Most all of them will be "transparent" to show your video output as background. And if you use the video Slideshow effect, this can be your image ;-)

Posted Thu 07 May 20 @ 7:31 pm