Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Is there a way to have hotcues act in this way?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

id like to know if its possible to press and hold hotcue and have it jump to that position and play from there and then when i release the button have it switch back to where i was before i pressed hotcue?

Posted Fri 25 May 18 @ 10:14 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Turn slip_mode on

Posted Sat 26 May 18 @ 9:10 am
locodog wrote :
Turn slip_mode on

This doesn't perform in the same way i describe though, slip mode moves the song forward as if it were playing when you are holding hotcue so when you jump back you are further ahead in the song than you were when you triggered hotcue, it also removes the ability to trigger hotcues normally.

What i imagined was that with say holding shift and then pressing hotcue you could trigger the hotcue as it normally functions but with the twist of having the software remember where i triggered the hotcue from and bring me back to that point when i release shift. I suppose this could also be more elegantly achieved by pressing and holding hotcue with a mode/option engaged like slip mode too. I didnt see a mode like this already so i figured it may already be possible with a custom button or something?

What i do at the moment is place a hotcue just before i want to trigger my hotcues then delete it when im done with it, I'm just looking for an easier way to achieve the same thing.

Posted Sat 26 May 18 @ 11:58 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
hotCueMode option, set to stutter

Posted Sat 26 May 18 @ 12:15 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Or hotcue X while_pressed

Posted Sat 26 May 18 @ 12:20 pm
Adion wrote :
hotCueMode option, set to stutter

Doesn't work how i need when song is playing

locodog wrote :
Or hotcue X while_pressed

Hooray this works, performs exactly like i need, thank you both.

Posted Sat 26 May 18 @ 3:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)