Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Script School - Page: 13.55

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

mg_1978PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Nicotux wrote :
@mg_1978 tested here without problem
warn the quotes in your post were not correct ones, must be simple quote or double quotes and are optional here :
get_sample_name 12 & param_cast text 4

yes work! thanks (i was wrong to write)

Posted Wed 03 Mar 21 @ 6:32 am
hi! i would map a button like “mic_talkover”, but for line input! because my microphone is used by soundcard that is connected in line 4 my controller. If button is toggle i have mapped:
button: toggle ‘talkover’ and var ‘talkover’ 1 ? get_vu_meter ‘linein’ ? deck all volume 20% : volume : volume
but don’t work :( can you help me??

Posted Wed 03 Mar 21 @ 6:38 am
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
[quote=locodog]@3X vars have no place with default fx, neither sides/deck really

effect_active 'ducking echo'

Ok this works on deck 1 but does not when I switch the left side to be deck 3.

Posted Wed 03 Mar 21 @ 6:54 am
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
[quote=locodog]@3X vars have no place with default fx, neither sides/deck really

effect_active 'ducking echo'

Ok this works on deck 1 but does not when I switch the left side to be deck 3.

because deck 1 is deck “select”.....i change this:
leftdeck ? action_deck 1 ? deck 1 effect_active ‘ducking echo’ : deck 3 effect_active ‘ducking echo’ : action_deck 2 ? deck 2 effect_active ‘ducking echo’ : deck 4 effect_active ‘ducking echo’

Posted Wed 03 Mar 21 @ 11:04 am
mg_1978 wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
[quote=Djratedxxx919][quote=locodog]

leftdeck ? action_deck 1 ? deck 1 effect_active ‘ducking echo’ : deck 3 effect_active ‘ducking echo’ : action_deck 2 ? deck 2 effect_active ‘ducking echo’ : deck 4 effect_active ‘ducking echo’

This didn't work, it also turned on an effect slot I didn't want. So while on deck 1 it does activate ducking echo but still doesn't work on deck 3.

Posted Thu 04 Mar 21 @ 11:07 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Because when deck 3 is leftdeck your query" leftdeck" will return 'false' for the button on deck 1
so that it will test against 2 or 4 ... and activate 4

leftcross ? deck left effect_active ‘ducking echo’ : deck right effect_active ‘ducking echo’

If button is on a deck affected to the left whenever active or not set fx on active left deck
otherwhise this is a right deck activate fx on active right deck whatever its number can be

this is working in 31-24 12-34 13-42 as well as 4 6 decks or if many decks are set 16-5432 ...
and by the way it is working both sides and any deck

Posted Thu 04 Mar 21 @ 11:30 pm
Nicotux wrote :
Because when deck 3 is leftdeck your query" leftdeck" will return 'false' for the button on deck 1
so that it will test against 2 or 4 ... and activate 4

leftcross ? deck left effect_active ‘ducking echo’ : deck right effect_active ‘ducking echo’

If button is on a deck affected to the left whenever active or not set fx on active left deck
otherwhise this is a right deck activate fx on active right deck whatever its number can be

this is working in 31-24 12-34 13-42 as well as 4 6 decks or if many decks are set 16-5432 ...
and by the way it is working both sides and any deck

Why is right deck keep getting mention? This is a left deck only map.
Once I get the proper map I can make it for the right deck which are different buttons on the right side that will be independently mapped.
Mapping this button will actually show me how to map the other buttons I will use for transition effects just in the transport area. I'm also using a custom device file so the included device setup is different like the the included. Like the play button. In the included definition it's labeled a play button. My file is left play button is left-track_pad_a6 and on the right its right_track_pad_a1... That's why I have to map independent to actions.

Posted Fri 05 Mar 21 @ 12:35 am
this is a "any deck" map :)
right deck keep getting mention simply because the original script
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

does refer to deck 2 and 4 as well when "action deck" is not leftdeck

if it's a left deck only button simply make it left deck button :

deck left effect_active ‘ducking echo’

depending on your custom device file you may perhaps use "device_side" instead of "deckleft" too

Posted Fri 05 Mar 21 @ 1:10 am
Are you serious....thank you...now I can map the rest... All the things I tried and that's all the mapping is....lol...vdj script dummy, that's me...lol
Now on to the performance pads.

Posted Fri 05 Mar 21 @ 1:34 am
twagaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I want to write VDJscript to scratch back to the cue point.
Can we do it?

Posted Thu 11 Mar 21 @ 3:38 pm
How can one query value of an OPTION in settings?

Wanted to create a Custom button called, " Preview" that would play 30 sec of each track in automix .

automixMaxLength 0 ? setting automixMaxLength 30 : setting automixMaxLength 0

and
param_equal "`automixMaxLength` 0" ? setting automixMaxLength 30 : setting automixMaxLength 0

both do not work because I don't know how to query the value of automixMaxLength

Help

Posted Sun 14 Mar 21 @ 8:10 pm
this is a setting ^^ as you know, just don't miss it :
setting automixMaxLength 0 ? setting automixMaxLength 30 : setting automixMaxLength 0
or shorter
setting automixMaxLength ? setting automixMaxLength 0 : setting automixMaxLength 30

Posted Sun 14 Mar 21 @ 8:24 pm
Thank you, Nicotux for your quick and amazing help

Worked perfectly ! !

Thanks again :)

-------------
PS
What would I add to the script, to have the custom button lite up when in preview mode?

setting automixMaxLength 0 ? setting automixMaxLength 30 & on : setting automixMaxLength 0 & off

does not work

How does one turn on and off a custom button's 'LED' ?

Posted Sun 14 Mar 21 @ 8:36 pm
put on and off first

on & setting automixMaxLength 30

Posted Sun 14 Mar 21 @ 9:09 pm
Thanks Rune ! !

Always learning from your posts ..

Works as expected now !

would not have thought of that solution.

Posted Sun 14 Mar 21 @ 9:13 pm
Hi, I have the brakstart effect mapped to a pad with:
effect_active 'brakestart' while_pressed

So if I press the pad the effect is activated, but when I release the pad it doesn't turn off.

How could I do, so that when pressing the effect is activated and when releasing the pad the effect is turned off?

Posted Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 8:45 pm
XIVAN MAR. wrote :

works fine here. What you want to happen?

Posted Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 8:57 pm
I would like:

Hold down the pad to turn the effect on and releasing the pad pressure turns the effect off.

Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
XIVAN MAR. wrote :

works fine here. What you want to happen?

Posted Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 9:19 pm
XIVAN MAR. wrote :
I would like:
Hold down the pad to turn the effect on and releasing the pad pressure turns the effect off.

effect_active 'brakestart' while_pressed already does that.. works that way.
Maybe you spelled something wrong? Or used somewhere wrong?
Use it as regular action if on pads.. (not "pad pressure" but push action)

Posted Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 9:54 pm
Because releasing the pressure of the pad continues to activate the effect.

Okay, I'll re-activate it and test it in push action.

Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
XIVAN MAR. wrote :
I would like:

effect_active 'brakestart' while_pressed already does that.. works that way.
Maybe you spelled something wrong? Or used somewhere wrong?
Use it as regular action if on pads.. (not "pad pressure" but push action)

Posted Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 10:09 pm
30%