Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Backup saved cuepoints and loops to move to 2nd laptop.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have around 1000 songs saved in folders on my windows laptop desktop, and have installed the latest version of VDJ8. I have bought a second windows laptop and installed VDJ8 on that too. Using USB sticks I've copied all the song folders from the first laptop to the new one. Can anyone advise how I can transfer the cue points etc too ??? Please correct me if I'm wrong here, under the heading "documents" on the LHS of virtual dj there is a file named "virtual dj" and right clicking it, selecting "file operations" then "send to", I've copied that to a usb stick.How do i put that information into VDJ on the second laptop ? or am i doing it totally wrong ? Any help gratefully received :)

Posted Wed 11 Apr 18 @ 4:14 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you already used VirtualDJ to copy the files to the USB stick, there should be a folder called VirtualDJ on the USB stick, containing a database.xml file which contains the cue points of the copied files.
If you put the USB stick into another computer, VirtualDJ will read the database from that drive, so cue points etc.. should already be present.

Posted Wed 11 Apr 18 @ 4:53 am
Many thanks for your reply Adion. I did exactly that, plugged in the usb stick (which i named VDJ backup) to the second computer, checked it did contain the xml file, opened VDJ 8, I see it appears there on the left but still no cue points when i load any songs. I must be missing something. But what ?

Posted Wed 11 Apr 18 @ 10:28 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Perhaps a permission problem? Vdj should have write access to the database file on the other computer

Posted Wed 11 Apr 18 @ 11:01 am
HI, Try this method. Open Virtual DJ 8. Right Click over your internal hard drive. If its your laptop prob C Drive. Then go to File Operations, Then go to "Copy To" your external hard drive. This should copy all files with cue points & everything you need.
MN

Posted Wed 11 Apr 18 @ 10:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)