Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Microphone Routing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

NosvenLE userMember since 2015
I would love to see VDJ stop rerouting microphone inputs on sound cards. Rather than rerouting the entire microphone signal into VDJ, the signal should be split and route the split signal to VDJ. This way resulting in undissurbed microphone input and the split signal going VDJ. Just like traditional send on a mixers.

As example when using NI Kontrol Z2 mixer and talking through the mic without VDJ running the signal is present. The minute VDJ is launched while Continuing to talk through the mic with no input routing selected for the mic, you're no longer able to hear the mic. This is simply because VDJ reroute the signal instead of splitting it.

I see no user case where the entire mic signal should be rerouted to VDJ. Splitting the signal would be more appropriate.

Posted Mon 09 Apr 18 @ 1:32 am
and what about users that would like to broadcast via shoutcast or icecast.
also what about people who would just like to record the microphone or apply fx to it?

the reason it is input to VDJ is because the hardware is setup that way.

there is hardware available that bypasses software input maybe that's what you need to look for?

Posted Mon 09 Apr 18 @ 9:37 am
wickedmix wrote :
and what about users that would like to broadcast via shoutcast or icecast.
also what about people who would just like to record the microphone or apply fx to it?

the reason it is input to VDJ is because the hardware is setup that way.

there is hardware available that bypasses software input maybe that's what you need to look for?

None of those users would be effected. All VDJ would be doing is splitting the mic signal. One of the split signal would be routed just the way it is now into VDJ, while the other signal remains undisturbed.

As far as hardware thats capable of sending mic signal to the software and to the hardware simultaneously, would be NI Kontrol Z2.

Posted Tue 10 Apr 18 @ 2:21 am
i have NI Kontrol Z2. I t is a way to make the mic work on hardwere?

Posted Thu 13 Sep 18 @ 5:21 am
DeeJayDee_ro wrote :
i have NI Kontrol Z2. I t is a way to make the mic work on hardwere?

I do not think so It's all up to VDJ. In the settings under Options/audio I changed the setting "exclusiveAudioAccess" to NO thinking this might do the trick but no.

The mic works in the hardware, but because It's not hardwired VDJ manipulates the signal so it bypass the hardware and goes straight to the software. This sucks because the quality of the mic signal is degraded. VDJ should leave the signal alone or allow the user to switch off the mic signal to the hardware if they choose. This is how Its done if you are useing it with Traktor ( while the mic is on hold down the shift button while pressing the mic ON button.) When doing this you have choices how to manipulate the mic signal in Traktor.

I hope VDJ looks into this and update the routing options this mixer is capable of.

Posted Mon 19 Nov 18 @ 5:17 am
To the VDJ team, could the Z2 owners change something in the settings or mapper to allow the mic to default back to the hardware and still lend itself to the software?

Posted Sat 15 Dec 18 @ 3:46 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)