Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: xtrax-stems!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Posted Sun 28 Jan 18 @ 10:55 pm
sad its only for traktor

kinda useless for the rest of us wouldn't u say?

Posted Sun 28 Jan 18 @ 11:05 pm
I think you can use it in vdj8 if you separate them and individually record it and use it in 4 deck mode!

Posted Sun 28 Jan 18 @ 11:20 pm
from what i understand it creates a stem file ... unless u do some recording of you own i guess

Posted Sun 28 Jan 18 @ 11:22 pm
yes but probably you could record them individually as well?
don't know yet but if you could do that that could be useful and able to use in vdj8 in 4 deck mode!

Posted Sun 28 Jan 18 @ 11:27 pm
nicholas123 wrote :
New software for dj's this sound good to me,with this software you can separate any original record individually to play drums,vocal and instruments!
https://audionewsroom.net/2018/01/audionamix-xtrax-stems-review-the-song-stem-creator.html

Well, did you check the video example?
To me the result is sounding not only not really separated, but also absolutely horrible
I can't see how anybody can use this for anything serious

So to answer the question they ask themselves on the webpage:
"Does It Actually Work?"
No
Not at all, actually
- which is fair, since it's like taking the sugar out of a cake after you've baked it - but I can't believe they are trying to sell it as a serious product

Posted Mon 29 Jan 18 @ 9:20 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Although it's a good effort, the example in the video does sound horrible.

Posted Mon 29 Jan 18 @ 3:53 pm
klausmogensen and Adion I agree with you it sound horrible at the moment, but we need to wait for this to be improved!
Master tempo did not sound good just few years a go isn't it?
does it sound better now?
I think we need to give little more time.

Posted Tue 30 Jan 18 @ 12:00 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
With computers and algorithms becoming more powerful, there may be a time when this will become possible with decent results, but for now, it remains a hit 'n miss process. We will keep an eye on this though. If this goes well, i will be the 1st one to vote for Stems support.

Posted Tue 30 Jan 18 @ 12:27 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Thu 01 Feb 18 @ 9:32 pm
I really want this app...but i dont have a mac. My mind is putting together mixes already. Things like this spark my mind. It doesnt get yall wheels turning? And my sampling mind is imagining getting all those samples that had vocals I thought i couldnt use, but now I see using them. This will work lovely alongside the MPC. And ya should support stems, didnt know stems could be used in software other than Traktor? Jeesh what are yall waiting for then. Its for the good of the mix.

Posted Fri 02 Feb 18 @ 3:50 am
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
I really want this app...but i dont have a mac. My mind is putting together mixes already. Things like this spark my mind. It doesnt get yall wheels turning? And my sampling mind is imagining getting all those samples that had vocals I thought i couldnt use, but now I see using them. This will work lovely alongside the MPC. And ya should support stems, didnt know stems could be used in software other than Traktor? Jeesh what are yall waiting for then. Its for the good of the mix.

It's available for pre-purchase for Windows now.

Posted Fri 08 Jun 18 @ 2:13 pm
I understand the wish to be able to do this
Unfortunately it's often close to impossible to do for a track - especially in an automated way

But check the examples they provide
IMO the results from the software are so poor that they are unusable

Posted Sat 18 Aug 18 @ 7:32 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)