Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New Pioneer DDJ-1000 - Page: 6

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

dj5826 wrote :
My biggest concern before buying one is that since this is roughly the same size as the sx2, Pioneer will come out with a larger/better model like an sz later in the year...

That's always true for Pioneer :)

Posted Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 6:33 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
bagpuss wrote :
...you get (7" jogs, 4 channels, hardware FX, pads etc).

Effects are software.

Official mapping is in progress. The LCD screens were indeed locked, but guess what ... :D

Posted Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 12:52 pm
So if you use the mixer standalone, the FX don’t work, even though they have the appearance of being hardware?

Posted Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 12:59 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The effects are definitely software when you use software decks (Rekordbox or VirtualDJ).
In standalone (where no software is connected), the Effects are Hardware.
In hybrid mode (where a software is connected but you have analog sources connected and a mixer channel is set at LINE), i believe you have a choice to select one or the other, but fr now the Inputs seem to go through software as line ins so the Effects seem software as well, but thats something we will investigate further.

Posted Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 1:03 pm
Can someone please answer my question? xD

andy-chiles wrote :
Hi,
I just joined this topic right now.
As I read through the comments I can't find out if you guys managed to get the Sound-Interface working with VDJ8.
If I'm plugging my DDJ-1000 into my Laptop I can choose the driver to route the channels but there is just nothing coming out the device.

- There is no Mapping or Definition till this moment.
- And (even if I think it requires a definition) there is nothing blinking on the Channel-VU-LEDs or on those of the Master-Channel.

Is there a working solution right now or is there something like a "lock" on the device like on the Rane SL-1 back in it's days?

- Thanks for the answers!

P.s.:
A general question besides: Is the crossfader in the "USB-Mode" - so NOT standalone, I mean in the controller-mode - working as a real and normal crossfader with zero latency like a hardware mixer, or does it only affecting the sound through moving the crossfader in the software?
The SX (MK1) used to work like this, thats why I'm asking... The crossfader in the SZ is a normal "analog"-crossfader as I want it.

Posted Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 1:15 pm
andy-chiles wrote :
Can someone please answer my question? xD

andy-chiles wrote :
Hi,
I just joined this topic right now.
As I read through the comments I can't find out if you guys managed to get the Sound-Interface working with VDJ8.
If I'm plugging my DDJ-1000 into my Laptop I can choose the driver to route the channels but there is just nothing coming out the device.

- There is no Mapping or Definition till this moment.
- And (even if I think it requires a definition) there is nothing blinking on the Channel-VU-LEDs or on those of the Master-Channel.

Is there a working solution right now or is there something like a "lock" on the device like on the Rane SL-1 back in it's days?

- Thanks for the answers!

P.s.:
A general question besides: Is the crossfader in the "USB-Mode" - so NOT standalone, I mean in the controller-mode - working as a real and normal crossfader with zero latency like a hardware mixer, or does it only affecting the sound through moving the crossfader in the software?
The SX (MK1) used to work like this, thats why I'm asking... The crossfader in the SZ is a normal "analog"-crossfader as I want it.

If you are a pro member then you will see someone has created a basic map for the controller to download, just look back a couple of pages.

Posted Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 1:54 pm
I am running VDJ and Rekordbox back to back on my mbp at the moment, so I can use automix. I simply used audio out to my channel 4.

Posted Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 1:56 pm
groovindj wrote :
So if you use the mixer standalone, the FX don’t work, even though they have the appearance of being hardware?

mixer effects work stand alone with turntables

Posted Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 2:40 pm
i used a Pioneer DDJSZ2 this weekend, when i connected up i wasnt seeing a soundcard.... i had to go to Pioneer's site and install a driver for the macbook pro. Is this the case with the DDJ-1000 ?

Posted Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 3:51 pm
lucas569 wrote :
Is this the case with the DDJ-1000?

It looks like it yes:

Looks like Pioneer has made it that way - also for Mac

Posted Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 3:55 pm
Quote :

Official mapping is in progress. The LCD screens were indeed locked, but guess what ... :D

That sounds really really fantastic!!!! :-)
I'm looking forward to the mapping! Rekordbox is in no way comparable to VDJ! ;-)

Posted Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 5:41 pm
djdad wrote :
The effects are definitely software when you use software decks (Rekordbox or VirtualDJ).

So all Pioneer effects are rendered useless then? That disappointing since IMO they have the best effects out there.

Posted Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 6:55 pm
It seems an odd choice that Pioneer would go to the trouble of having hardware FX in the mixer (AFAIK the first controller to do so) and then not make use of that hardware when the audio is coming from the computer. What a waste!

Posted Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 7:03 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
groovindj wrote :
It seems an odd choice that Pioneer would go to the trouble of having hardware FX in the mixer (AFAIK the first controller to do so) and then not make use of that hardware when the audio is coming from the computer. What a waste!

Exactly, you'd think the user would have the choice, but being as Pioneer has all the FX built into RB, they may have done this to add another level of synergy that's unique to this controller/software combination, meaning if VDJ or Traktor hack the controller, they wont enjoy all of the intended FX.

So as far as we know this controller doesn't offer a "get out of jail free card" for VDJs FX, so here's hoping something is in the pipeline for FX development, although I'm sure plenty of DJs have died waiting already.

Posted Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 7:49 pm
i saw a vid where the effects were built into the mixer and they play with a usb cable disconnected, so Pioneer set it up where if you plug in a laptop the effects THEN become software based? Those sneaky bastards! Well played pioneer.... well played!

on a serious note, ive been playing with RB. Its actually not that bad...

Posted Mon 12 Feb 18 @ 11:24 pm
Regarding the fx I see this as a positive thing. Now it seems like it can be mapped instead of just being a locked hardware section

Posted Tue 13 Feb 18 @ 1:21 am
djsimonreed85 wrote :
I am running VDJ and Rekordbox back to back on my mbp at the moment, so I can use automix. I simply used audio out to my channel 4.

what skin were you using on VDJ ?

Posted Tue 13 Feb 18 @ 1:38 am
klausmogensen wrote :
Regarding the fx I see this as a positive thing. Now it seems like it can be mapped instead of just being a locked hardware section

How is that a positive if you want to all the Pioneer effects? That's the largest gap with VDJ; lack of effects.

It's been a while since they had a release, possibly v8.3 in the works with revamped effects?!?! ;o)

Posted Tue 13 Feb 18 @ 3:37 pm
dj5826 wrote :
klausmogensen wrote :

How is that a positive if you want to all the Pioneer effects? That's the largest gap with VDJ; lack of effects.

It's been a while since they had a release, possibly v8.3 in the works with revamped effects?!?! ;o)

Because it would be locked to just the few pre-loaded hardware effects. You wouldn't be able to replace or remap anything. It would be like the sampler only being able to play the air horn

VDJ supports vst effects so you have endless effect options. Including Pioneer effects if you can find them as a vst plugin

Posted Tue 13 Feb 18 @ 4:27 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Sorry but that's a pile of bull. Anyone would rather 18 hardware FX from Pioneer that are identical (and upgraded) from a 900 mixer, as these are the FX you'd be using on a club setup.

Better than that would be the choice to decide between software and hardware driven FX.

VDJ isn't offering anything close to what Pioneer offer on the FX front, and many of us have been constructive on this subject, it's not a bash at all, just an honest observation.

Posted Tue 13 Feb 18 @ 5:07 pm
43%