Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Head phones

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

My head phones crackle when plugged in to my hercules universal controller ,tried u-control audio interface and still having problems will buying controller license fix this ?? HELP ME GUYS!!

Posted Mon 15 Jan 18 @ 9:30 pm
I am pretty sure a different licence will not cure crackles. Have you tried your headphones on a different piece of kit to eliminate them being faulty?
Could be a fault or dirt or a bad connection on tour Hercules device. Or try a different set of headphones to see if that is the source.

Posted Mon 15 Jan 18 @ 11:34 pm
Yeah they work fine mate tried audio interface as well was told it could be because I am running XP but everything else works ok

Posted Tue 16 Jan 18 @ 9:09 am
You will need a controller license (or other license) to use VDJ with a controller for more than 10 min at the time, after the 30 day trial

But I don't think that will fix your issue.
That sounds like you have set your latency lower than your system/hercules driver can handle

Posted Tue 16 Jan 18 @ 9:43 am
Yeah I no that I just don't what do buy it if my head set doesn't work I'm going to try in different computer today

Posted Tue 16 Jan 18 @ 10:09 am
Faiz101Home userMember since 2016
Hi There. I'm new to VDJ 8 but figured this fix out after a week of struggling with the distortion problem. hope it helps you.

Posted Fri 19 Jan 18 @ 9:57 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If your speakers are connected to your controller, you should remove the first line of the audio config (master to realtek) as it's not necessary.

Posted Sat 20 Jan 18 @ 12:23 am
I know its not neccesarry but for some reason it took away the distortion I had on the headphones. I see there is alot of peeps who is experiencing this problem with headphone distortion where VDJ dont have a clear solution. Hope the next update will sort this out....cause its hell of a frustration.

Posted Sat 20 Jan 18 @ 4:35 am
Damn I spoke too soon. Just checked my setting again and now the distortion is back on the speakers.

I initially thought it was a problem with my PC Laptop or the Mr Dj VDJ 8000 Controller i just bought in the begining of the year. Luckily for me Im not a stranger to DJ software and Controllers as I have been running Mixvibes Cross DJ with a Umix Controle Pro for over 7 years now. I tried the Umix Control Pro with VDJ 8 and the distortion is still there.

Hoping VDJ's developers will work this out pretty soon. At least In have a back-up plan.

Posted Sat 20 Jan 18 @ 5:01 am

Posted Sat 20 Jan 18 @ 12:34 pm
Hi There Wickedmix. VDJ 8's settings was never the issue.

While VdJ was playing I went into the PC's Control Panel. Went into Sound - Manage Sound Device. Selected the Midi Controllers Headphone and went into its properties. Then I changed the setting from
16bit 48000hz (Dvd Quality) to 16bit 44000hz (CD Qaulity). Distortion on headphone instantly dissapeared.

Now I can finally enjoy VDJ 8...I was seriously contemplating to let it go.

Hope this helps everybody

Posted Sat 20 Jan 18 @ 2:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)