Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Rane twelve digital turntable - Page: 5

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Keeping this topic bumped up because I so want to be able to rely on VDJ with my TWELVES. But as far as I can tell there have been no changes thus far. Let me restate the issues I've run into in order of importance for me. I am on macOS Mojave, on a 15" mid-2018 MBP 6-core i7, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 2TB SSD external in these instances.

1. Random Wow + Flutter / Warble Sound. This seems to be very random, but there were a few instances where I would hear that can be best described as something you would hear from tapes or records with bad transports or motors, aka Wow + Flutter. The CPU did not appear to be under excessive load at the times I heard this.

2. Transitioning with automix. When playing on automix the transition between songs slows down and picks up. This is affected on the platter and the waveforms. I did just read where there is a two-deck automix option that I am going to experiment with tonight. But this should work on single deck mode as well.

3. Pitch lock. When manually manipulating a platter there is no pitch lock. Pitch lock only works on the pitch slider or on buttons (if mapped). This also happens on the NS7iii.

4. Platter speed adjusted with pitch. When adjusting the pitch the platter remains at the same speed. This also happens on the NS7iii.

5. Deck assignment. If you loose connectivity to one deck, the other deck unmaps.

I've documented a number of these issues in previous posts on the Facebook support group and this forum. I've also put some of that in video form over here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqsCTh4JMOI

Posted Tue 09 Jul 19 @ 5:29 pm
And just tested a couple side-by-side issues with the NS7iii and the TWELVES to clarify.

The automix issue does not affect the NS7iii. You can run it in single deck or dual deck mode. If you do it on the TWELVES single deck still has the slow down/speed up transition issue. If it's in dual deck mode the slowdown does not happen, but there is a ramp up time for the other deck to start making the speed up sound happen. It also does not seem you can just go in and out of "vinyl" mode on the deck to bypass the TWELVE for this which could be a not-so-great but maybe achievable quick workaround.

Posted Tue 09 Jul 19 @ 8:45 pm
ParisCreative just saw your vid and read your comments. Thank you for bringing all this up. Im buying myself the set up next week and i am an avid VDJ user. I do t like the work flow of serato. The only issue i see that you mention that would pertain to me is the wow and flutter sound. U and i have similar macs so we shall see. I have serato DL up just in case VDJ isnt ready to handle i pray they Are. Keep making the vids love your content and to the VDJ team thank you for always being so helpful! Hopefully these issues can be resolved.

Posted Wed 10 Jul 19 @ 4:50 pm
I hope these issues can be resolved too. I do wish someone from the team would have reached out to me but that has not happened yet. Thank you so much for watching the videos. Beyond appreciated. :)

Posted Sat 13 Jul 19 @ 5:37 pm
Is there any possibility of you being able to take a video of the audio problem and uploading it to YouTube? And then maybe possibly linking it To this thread?

Posted Tue 16 Jul 19 @ 11:27 pm
ParisCreative wrote :
Keeping this topic bumped up because I so want to be able to rely on VDJ with my TWELVES. But as far as I can tell there have been no changes thus far. Let me restate the issues I've run into in order of importance for me. I am on macOS Mojave, on a 15" mid-2018 MBP 6-core i7, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 2TB SSD external in these instances.

1. Random Wow + Flutter / Warble Sound. This seems to be very random, but there were a few instances where I would hear that can be best described as something you would hear from tapes or records with bad transports or motors, aka Wow + Flutter. The CPU did not appear to be under excessive load at the times I heard this.

2. Transitioning with automix. When playing on automix the transition between songs slows down and picks up. This is affected on the platter and the waveforms. I did just read where there is a two-deck automix option that I am going to experiment with tonight. But this should work on single deck mode as well.

3. Pitch lock. When manually manipulating a platter there is no pitch lock. Pitch lock only works on the pitch slider or on buttons (if mapped). This also happens on the NS7iii.

4. Platter speed adjusted with pitch. When adjusting the pitch the platter remains at the same speed. This also happens on the NS7iii.

5. Deck assignment. If you loose connectivity to one deck, the other deck unmaps.

I've documented a number of these issues in previous posts on the Facebook support group and this forum. I've also put some of that in video form over here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqsCTh4JMOI

I'm having the exact same issue. I find that certain songs make the effect more pronounced, based on the sonics of the track. Tracks with long steady notes in the higher end of the register (around 3kish). One example is Nobody by Keith Sweat, the synth organ sounds absolutely terrible when the Twelve is controlling the deck, but switch the twelve to a different deck and the warbling/pitch fluctuation immediately stops. This issue has made the Twelve untenable at gigs for me, unless I only use it to line the track up, get it synced, and then switch the twelve off as soon as I get the track faded in, which seems like a waste considering the investment in these decks.

I'm running Windows 10 pro, Intel Core i9(2.3ghzbase) - 32GB DDR4 Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB DDR6 - 1TB Solid State Drive
Audio Interfaces I've tried: Rane Seventy-Two ASIO, Pioneer DDJ-SB2 ASIO, Behringer XR-18 ASIO, Realtek HD Audio (ASIO-4-All drivers)
Other midi devices: pioneer DDJ-XP1, Traktor Kontrol F1, Rane Seventy-Two, Behringer X-Touch(ignored by VDJ)

This doesn't occur with any of my other controllers. I have tried switching audio interfaces, sample rates, pitch algorithms, using different compression rates on MP3s, using lossless copies of the same track, and adjusting the motorsmooth setting. I do a good deal of turntablism in my club sets, and I was hoping that the Twelves would cut out the constant consumable price of DVS, styluses, cartridges, control vinyl, etc. and its fickleness when dealing with heavy bass, and my occasional heavy hand. Any clarity on the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Sat 20 Jul 19 @ 7:39 am
DJpsychlone wrote :
Is there any possibility of you being able to take a video of the audio problem and uploading it to YouTube? And then maybe possibly linking it To this thread?

What I can do is dig through my recording of 6/1 to capture that wobble effect. I do have to sift through 6+ hours of audio since I can't quite remember the timing on it now. But I will try to tackle that this week.

Posted Wed 24 Jul 19 @ 3:18 am
FYI: New EA build (5180) is now using master tempo for small pitch adjustments when using motorwheels
This means that the tone of tracks should not drastically change when you're trying to pitch bend a track.

Posted Wed 24 Jul 19 @ 7:12 am
Very nice, will try this out!

Posted Sat 27 Jul 19 @ 4:11 am
Just to confirm this works well with the NS7iii. I have not had an opportunity to test this on the TWELVES yet.

Posted Tue 30 Jul 19 @ 2:04 am
Keeping this thread close to the top. Hoping some new improvements come soon.

Posted Thu 22 Aug 19 @ 2:52 am
Hi there my question is : is it possible to use Rane twelve together with Pioneer ddjrx controller? Or do I have to use Rane 72 mixer?

Posted Wed 16 Oct 19 @ 11:50 pm
Yes it is. No you don't specifically need Rane 72

Posted Thu 17 Oct 19 @ 8:03 am
Phantom dj Thanks! I wanted to ask you is rane twelve works perfectly at the moment?or it need to be fixed some minor issues, I mean is there is any problems with it?

Posted Thu 17 Oct 19 @ 9:14 am
I want to purchase virtualdj but is the issue fixed that makes the twelves sound like a cassette wooble

Posted Tue 31 Dec 19 @ 11:29 am
Dj phantom can I use external analog mixer with sound blaster card xfi and rane twelve together in vdj 2020 ? Thanks !

Posted Sat 29 Feb 20 @ 11:44 pm

Posted Fri 07 Aug 20 @ 11:09 am
Plug and play already supported.

Posted Fri 07 Aug 20 @ 11:39 am
Well done Rane and Vdj!

Posted Sat 08 Aug 20 @ 8:37 pm
Does the MKII has the same audio quality issues like the first version?As far as ive read here, these were never solved.

Posted Sun 16 Aug 20 @ 3:00 pm
90%