Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Help please... trying to learn version 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

a couple questions , i'm sure they are simple.
I'm using a skin called denon 4500 pro... when i practice and try to load a song ... before the song loads , a window pops up that says . "SAVE Track Edit" in reference to the song that I'm replacing , is this in regard to the modified Cue that I just had to reset on the karaoke song? In other version , It simply saved my cues. Could it be associated with the skin I'm using... on a simple old school skin it did not do this.

Next please: when I set some custom setting for keyboard . I use my UP arrow to nudge +10ms and my DOWN arrow to nudge -10ms. The Down arrow is working properly but the UP arrow is doing nothing. Please help as this allows me to mix better with keyboard (until I get used to Pioneer controller) I checked to make sure they were the same except for + and - before ms.

thanks for taking your time to look and I look forward to correcting this and moving forward with Version 8. Just not comfortable with the new skin and controls. Michael

Posted Fri 10 Nov 17 @ 7:34 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
One thread is enough, please don't cross post (good advice anywhere on the web)

@Staff keys please.

Posted Fri 10 Nov 17 @ 8:07 pm
michaelhawkins1 wrote :
The Down arrow is working properly but the UP arrow is doing nothing.

nudge +10ms on the UP key works fine - I've just tested it
So ny guess is that you copy/pasted it in, and that it has an extra space or a new line in the end
Try making sure that the last letter of the script is the very last character in the mapping field

Posted Fri 10 Nov 17 @ 8:52 pm
I will go back and remove the other post... didn't mean any harm. I'll go look at exact nudge instructions... I'll copy paste
thanks , for answering one issue... looking forward to "save video edit" issue Michael

Posted Fri 10 Nov 17 @ 8:57 pm
nope , page up works by default yet when I copy and paste to the UP arrow key... it does nothing . it is exactly the opposite with the default page down (nothing) and Down arrow key working great with copy and pasted instruction. thanks for trying
I'm sure it's operator error on my end somewhere.

The save trackedit is a pain and I want nothing to do with it. where do I disengage

Posted Fri 10 Nov 17 @ 11:13 pm
This was all user error on getting a couple custom keyboard mapping changes. The reason it wasn't working (and boy do I feel stupid) The window where you make changes was too high on my screen , which took out the X or Exit button on the very top right.... so when I would "X" out of the page where I had made changes... it was actually the X to remove changes and not close the window..... Stupid but wanted to put it here in case someone else could learn from it. I'm still looking for a Skin compatible to V-mix. Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Michael

Posted Sun 03 Jun 18 @ 4:41 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)