Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Monitor Aspect Ratios

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
In recent months I've been having problems configuring my screens. I often mix 4:3, 16:10 and 16:9 screens which for a long time caused no problems. After a Win 10 driver update things became difficult. Anyway the 4:3 was a 19" karaoke led monitor I've used for years. Replacing this with a modern monitor made setting up very easy. Maybe Win 10 does not fully support the 4:3 aspect ratio anymore?

Posted Mon 06 Nov 17 @ 3:12 pm
On what interface ? Vga or HDMI?

Posted Tue 07 Nov 17 @ 9:49 pm
Can be either although I like vga and use it most. Some venues don't have vga capable equipment.

Posted Tue 07 Nov 17 @ 10:40 pm
Ado you use multiple monitors ? , I have now done all HDMI , which seems fi e as long as the monitors all support the same resolutions and refresh rates, sometimes when distributed one monitor can throw the whole lot out. I now try and run everything 16.9 at full 1080, I know this can sometime be a problem if your using the venues monitors

Posted Thu 09 Nov 17 @ 8:47 pm
Yes.. I use anything that the venue management will let me put an image on.

The thing is prior to a win10 graphics driver update a few months ago I can't remember having any problems. It all just seemed to work. Even though I uninstalled this update I still had problems every now and then. I'm thinking of one regular venue in particular with just one large screen TV where I started looking a little silly. I couldn't get my karaoke monitor and this TV to centralize their images simultaneously.

In the above photo the three kind of dots at the end of the hall are large screen TV's but I also had a karaoke monitor (4:3 !) , my own large screen TV (16:9) and a projector (16:10) running using whatever refresh rates and aspect ratio's. It all worked well using VGA, and Ethernet cable (100ft or more).

Above I'm using the house projector due to a lack of space even though it's not as good as my own.

I'm quite happy at the moment but I'm trying to give people ideas and promote the use of venue equipment.
Video is the future (some say it's already here but I think it's still quite rare..but not for long.)

Posted Thu 09 Nov 17 @ 11:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)