Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: After The Upgrade - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

The file path (on the last screenshot) is different. Looks like you have moved the file.

Posted Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 10:55 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
In Windows explorer, hold shift and right-click the mp3. Then select Copy as Path.
Then paste the text here (right-click, select Paste)

It looks like after Relocate it found the short file path for the file somehow.

Posted Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 11:12 am
groovindj wrote :
The file path (on the last screenshot) is different. Looks like you have moved the file.

It's look like, but I didn't move. Look at the character (it doesn't look right when you read it). Once I relocate the missing file it change and it go back again when I re-open my vdj.

Posted Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 2:22 pm
@renzauce i am guessing you don't realize the screen shots are being reduced in size when you post them so we can't really see what is in that shot .....

that is the reason people are asking you to copy and paste the file path text here so we can read it :-)

you could just capture the tag window and not the whole screen then maybe we can see it.

Posted Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 2:45 pm
Adion wrote :
In Windows explorer, hold shift and right-click the mp3. Then select Copy as Path.

It looks like after Relocate it found the short file path for the file somehow.

OK

Posted Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 2:51 pm
click in the post window and then CTRL+ V

and it will show up here

Posted Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 2:52 pm
wickedmix wrote :
@renzauce i am guessing you don't realize the screen shots are being reduced in size when you post them so we can't really see what is in that shot .....

that is the reason people are asking you to copy and paste the file path text here so we can read it :-)

you could just capture the tag window and not the whole screen then maybe we can see it.

Oops Sorry. I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know.
(Is that possible to drag the picture to your computer. Open it and zoom out? )

Posted Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 2:53 pm
wickedmix wrote :
click in the post window and then CTRL+ V

and it will show up here

Thank You

Posted Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 2:59 pm
Thanks for your time guys. I'll be back soon. It's a long day for me. I need to relax.

Posted Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 3:08 pm
It's me again and sorry to bother you guys.

Is there's a possible way to AUTO FIX the File Path Error in VDJ 8.2? (VDJ 7.4 had auto fix)

Here's are the screen shots comparisons. Thanks! (Sorry it's still reduce file and I don't know how to fix it)

VDJ 8.2

VDJ 7.4

Posted Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 9:14 pm
It seems that you have changed the path of the files, when you upgraded to 8, maybe a different hard drive, or the files were moved in Windows instead of VDJ. The files don't just move themselves, that's why I asked to check the path, as it has happened to me. I will let the smarter guys help you, because they know things that I don't.

Posted Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 11:17 pm
That's what I said, but ren says no...

renzauce wrote :
groovindj wrote :

It's look like, but I didn't move.

Posted Sun 05 Nov 17 @ 8:03 am
Adion wrote :

Posted Sun 05 Nov 17 @ 8:22 am
A Man and His Music wrote :
It seems that you have changed the path of the files, when you upgraded to 8, maybe a different hard drive, or the files were moved in Windows instead of VDJ. The files don't just move themselves, that's why I asked to check the path, as it has happened to me. I will let the smarter guys help you, because they know things that I don't.

same hard-drive and same spot. nothing change bud =)

Posted Sat 11 Nov 17 @ 6:07 am
Adion wrote :
Adion wrote :

which one? the error that cannot read?

here is the the track that cannot read (Copy Path)
"E:\_THERE~1.201\_DJ'SE~1\^RENZD~2\REMIXS~1\ULTIMI~1\ULTIMIX\2017\ULTIMI~1\09_clean_bandit_ft._sean_paul_and_anne-marie_-_rockabye_(pt.1)_(ultimix_by_brian_roche)-mst.mp3"

here is the same track that name in the windows explorer (from: E drive - external)
09_clean_bandit_ft._sean_paul_and_anne-marie_-_rockabye_(pt.1)_(ultimix_by_brian_roche)-mst

Posted Sat 11 Nov 17 @ 6:12 am
groovindj wrote :
That's what I said, but ren says no...

renzauce wrote :
groovindj wrote :

It's look like, but I didn't move.

Thanks for your help =)

Posted Sat 11 Nov 17 @ 6:13 am
The problem is probably that the total path length of the real path is too long.

The total path length should not be longer than 260 characters.
E:\_THERE~1.201\_DJ'SE~1\^RENZD~2\REMIXS~1\ULTIMI~1\ULTIMIX\2017\ULTIMI~1\09_clean_bandit_ft._sean_paul_and_anne-marie_-_rockabye_(pt.1)_(ultimix_by_brian_roche)-mst.mp3
is already 160 characters, but as you see explorer shortened the directory names to a maximum of 8 characters.

In your earlier screenshot you can see that the real directory names are longer than that, so likely the entire path ends up being longer than 260 characters.
At this point we can't really fix it within VDJ as this would break Windows XP compatibility, so the recommended way to fix it would be to either use less sub-folders, or rename the folders to have a shorter name.

Posted Sat 11 Nov 17 @ 7:11 am
Adion wrote :
The problem is probably that the total path length of the real path is too long.

The total path length should not be longer than 260 characters.
E:\_THERE~1.201\_DJ'SE~1\^RENZD~2\REMIXS~1\ULTIMI~1\ULTIMIX\2017\ULTIMI~1\09_clean_bandit_ft._sean_paul_and_anne-marie_-_rockabye_(pt.1)_(ultimix_by_brian_roche)-mst.mp3
is already 160 characters, but as you see explorer shortened the directory names to a maximum of 8 characters.

In your earlier screenshot you can see that the real directory names are longer than that, so likely the entire path ends up being longer than 260 characters.
At this point we can't really fix it within VDJ as this would break Windows XP compatibility, so the recommended way to fix it would be to either use less sub-folders, or rename the folders to have a shorter name.

I tried to make it shorter and it's still the same. Even the less sub folder, I tried it and no luck at all. If I use VDJ 7.4, it's fixed automatically. Question is, why VDJ 8.2 cannot do that? Im using windows10 pro. I tried windows 8.1 also no luck for VDJ 8.2 =(

Posted Sat 11 Nov 17 @ 8:22 am
Adion wrote :
At this point we can't really fix it within VDJ as this would break Windows XP compatibility.

1) give the user a message that tells him better what the problem is

2) In Win7 and up (maybe Vista as well) you can use paths up to 32767 characters, You must prepend \\?\ to the path and you must use unicode for the paths and use only unicode path functions. Not all path functions support the \\?\ but most do. For XP you just don't allow this behavior. Does not break compatibility unless someone tries to copy folder structure from higher version of windows which is unlikely. People have been special casing various versions of Windows since the early days of it. In Win10 a user can turn off the 260 limit with a registry switch so amounts to the same thing.

May not be the guys problem anyway but just saying. It is pretty easy to stay within the 260 limit though.

Posted Sat 11 Nov 17 @ 3:58 pm
Thank you guys for your time. I am looking forward for this solution.

Posted Sun 12 Nov 17 @ 6:04 am
85%