Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Slow video scanning and other issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

sonicgtPRO InfinityMember since 2013
I noticed with one of the last 2 recent updates (can't remember when) but now when I load a video if I quickly attempt to scan the video by while its playing the audio will continue but the video will appear frozen. This doesn't happen all the time, but it is happening on videos that it never used to happen before. These are local video files.

Also at a gig last night one video completely crashed and stopped skipped right to the end. I recovered fine and the software didn't crash. But once that happened a little while after as I was loading videos it started to give me a warning on each load telling me it would take x amount of memory to load it for streaming and I only had x... I wasn't streaming so went on like this until after about 5-10 songs it would no longer play video or audio files at all. I could load them and see the waveform, but when when hitting play no audio would play and the master waveform would move but show nothing. I had to close and re-launch VDJ and everything was back to normal. The software never crashed just stopped working. Don't know what this was, but if there are log files or anything that vdj would like to see if this is a bug just let me know, otherwise I hope it might be a known issue that is being addressed so it doesn't happen again.

Posted Sun 24 Sep 17 @ 11:56 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Sounds like a memory leak or there was just not enough memory for VDJ to decode the videos.
It will than give you the above message. It has nothing to do with streaming in terms of internet streaming.

There's no easy fix for that.
If it is a memory leak, try to reproduce it. Open the taskmanager and what the memory used by VDJ as you go along.
Try to find the steps needed to make VDJ use more and more memory (without releasing it).

As a temp. fix, if you get the message again, you could try to disable and enable the video output by pressing CTRL+ V (disable) and again CTRL-V.
See in the taskmanager if VDJ's memory usage is back to normal.

Posted Mon 25 Sep 17 @ 8:14 am
sonicgtPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Yeah memory leak is what I was suspecting. I did disable via double clicking on the video preview screen and then re-enabling. This didn't resolve it, but not sure if it is the same function as the shortcut key you mention. I didn't bring up task manager to see how much memory vdj was using at the time. When I have a chance I will try and test replicate it if I can get it to crash the same video I used that I think was the potential start of the issues.

Posted Tue 26 Sep 17 @ 12:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)