Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Major issue with licence - asking to log in every startup - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

eriedjPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I changed my password for VDJ about an hour or so ago. I've been running VDJ on just one laptop. 30 minutes later and no automatic logout. Try changing your password on your account.

Keeping fingers crossed.

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 2:24 am
eriedjPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I was always under the impression we could log in to virtual DJ with 2 instances running at one time. Has this changed to just 1 instance now?

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 2:27 am
eriedj wrote :
Since I'm the only one left posting about the login issue, lol,

At least 6 people have reported the issue.

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 2:28 am
Being I don't have the internet on at the house right now, should I even risk it as I have gigs all weekend??

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 2:33 am
Why is no-one from Atomix responding to this?

I'm gobsmacked something like this could happen and all we get is a short statement from Adam on Facebook who then deleted my comment and closed the thread.

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 8:13 am
This is still not resolved. Started up my gig machine this morning and it's still asking for a login every time despite "remember me" being ticked.

EDIT: After this happening 4 or 5 times it now seems to be logged in properly.

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 8:45 am
Forget it

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 8:45 am
Not relevant

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 8:46 am
Just been trying mine.

It started up a dozen times with no login request.

Will check a few times today as I've got a gig tonight.

Started up and checked VDJ7 last night for the first time in over 3 years, blimey! Might be needed as a backup, hope not.

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 8:57 am
DJSoulman wrote :
Just been trying mine.

It started up a dozen times with no login request.

Will check a few times today as I've got a gig tonight.

Started up and checked VDJ7 last night for the first time in over 3 years, blimey! Might be needed as a backup, hope not.

If it currently works, just keep the laptop of the internet

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 9:08 am
Seems to be working OK just now, will check again before tonight's gig.

Wish I was on holiday.

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 9:24 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Seems to be working OK just now, will check again before tonight's gig.
Wish I was on holiday.

I'd remember to backup the license.dat file in case you need to disable internet and get VDJ running again
But that's what I always recommend :)

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 9:27 am
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
kradcliffe wrote :
Just switched on my gig machine (which hasn't been logged out in months) and it asked me to log in. Strange I thought ......

Now every time I exit VDJ and restart it asks me to log in. There is no licence.dat file being created.

I have also had to go back to 3870 as the current early release crashes when you try to log in. What a bloody mess.

This better not happen when I get to my gig later tonight as I know I have no internet access there.

i cant login with my name and pw. have been having to use facebook to log me in for over a year.

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 9:43 am
hh73 wrote :
i cant login with my name and pw. have been having to use facebook to log me in for over a year.

That's got to be another issue
This thing started with server issues yesterday

But I'm sure support can help you with getting everything alligned for you regarding usernames and passwords
- You should probably wait a few days before asking them, though - I'm sure that right now the've got 100+ cases about yesterdays problems, so they'll probably think that yours is the same :)

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 10:23 am
klausmogensen wrote :

If it currently works, just keep the laptop of the internet

I use my Mac on the internet all day every day. It's also on the internet at the Hotel where I DJ, never had a problem with that.

Have got the license.dat file copied to 3 different locations (and VDJ7 is waiting in the wings for possible resurrection lol).

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 10:30 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
After some problems with Amazon yesterday one of the login servers started to behave incorrectly causing the log in to fail sometimes.
We have now fixed the broken server and login should work again as expected.
We have also taken measures to ensure that a broken server will not cause the software to log out anymore.

Selected as best answer Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 10:32 am
djvintaPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Adion wrote :
After some problems with Amazon yesterday one of the login servers started to behave incorrectly causing the log in to fail sometimes.
We have now fixed the broken server and login should work again as expected.
We have also taken measures to ensure that a broken server will not cause the software to log out anymore.

Thanks! I hope this never happens again.

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 10:36 am

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 11:15 am
OldTomPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Is there any way technically feasible that members with pro infinity licenses can get a special "temporary" password that skips (or for a few hours bypasses) the current server login requirement?
My reasoning is:
That license is usually held by those of us who work in the entertainment field--- Our reputations can go down the tubes with incidents like this.
In fact VDJ's reputation as DJ software can also suffer tremendously.
Who wants to be known as the software that can fail while you're on a gig?
That "temporary" thing would be configured to self-destruct after one, two or maybe three uses.

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 11:40 am
This is why I still keep V7 on my machines, analyze all my tracks in V7 and then convert that DB to the V8 when I open it. Between still keeping V7 around and having Serato as well, those are my backup plans in case something bad happens with V8 logins.

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 12:17 pm
85%